Home Non Cigar Related

Staind/Creed concert

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got back. What a f'ing show!!

We started the day with a visit to my local B&M. I selected a Gurkha Warrior and not sure what my bro-in-law had but it was by Oliveros (SP?). Anywhoot that Warrior was the best damn cigar I ever had. We hung in the lounge and watched Kung Fu and just totally relaxed and enjoyed those cigars.

Hit the Chinese buffet. Good food and we were done in 15 minutes. Didn't know at the time but bro-in-law drops his wallet there. We don't know until we get to downtown Kansas City. It was turned in and my wife drove up and got it so it is all good.

Show opens up with a band from New Zealand and they sounded pretty good. Staind comes out hardcore and freaking blows the roof off. Dude is pissed because the floor level people are sitting in chairs at a concert. I mean no one is standing by the stage so he calls them on it. WTF people? I was 12 rows back 1st level so we had good seats but if we were on the floor we would have been the only 2 people standing there. Staind was incredible. Sounded like it was right off the CD. Damn it was so good I just can't tell you guys enough.

Creed comes out and the pyro, lighting, audio/visual is incredible. It is obvious the first few songs that Stapp is having mic or monitor problems. He didn't totally suck but it was not near as good as Staind. Hard to follow them. Half way through Stapp starts nailing it and they play all the songs you would want to hear. Everyone was singing and having a blast.

Sponge Bob sings the song Best Day Ever and that comes to mind when I think of today. I needed this break from the stress of maybe getting laid off. My wife and kids are awesome for letting me have this time. My bro-in-law is a great guy to hang with. I just had so much fun. Best concert I have ever been to. Yeah better then when I saw Stone Temple Pilots and Sevendust, 2 of my favorites.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I saw Creed in 1999.. probably one of the last concerts they did before their split. It was awful.. Stapp was drunk off his asss, people were booing the band. They took a half hour break, when they came out Stapp had ome shoe off, no shirt, his pants were unbuttoned. He was sitting on the edge of the stage with his head in his hands and muttering the songs , I had side stage seats, he would get up go behind the amps, and puke, then go back on again. They were going to re-play the show, ( at a later date ) it was that bad... But the band split up, and that was it. Glad you liked them.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He definitely has changed his ways. You can tell he appreciates the second chance he has. He said a few things about it and they were on the ball and having fun. I would definitely go see them if they come to play near you. Give them a second chance. I didn't know what to expect but damn they were good.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    If Staind was playing their old stuff, I can only imagine how good it was. HOWEVER, there newest CD was a MAJOR letdown. It started off as slow as "Outside" and just got slower. I never could get into it, and think I ended up giving it away.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man... I would've killed to go to this show! I love Staind, and Creed is probably my favorite band.. Sounds like you had a blast man...too cool. I know what you mean by people sittin at the stage - I went to a Linkin Park concert and had seats on the first level above floor.... Didn't stop me from bangin away in my seat and in the aisle lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    cholmes8310:
    If Staind was playing their old stuff, I can only imagine how good it was. HOWEVER, there newest CD was a MAJOR letdown. It started off as slow as "Outside" and just got slower. I never could get into it, and think I ended up giving it away.
    Staind came out hardcore and played mostly old stuff. Mudshovel was incredible. Just got chills thinking about it. They only played 1 song from the new album which was ok but the other stuff just rocked. I will tell you that Staind was the top band of the night. Not **** anyone but they were AMAZINGLY perfect live.
    Hays:
    Man... I would've killed to go to this show! I love Staind, and Creed is probably my favorite band.. Sounds like you had a blast man...too cool. I know what you mean by people sittin at the stage - I went to a Linkin Park concert and had seats on the first level above floor.... Didn't stop me from bangin away in my seat and in the aisle lol
    We got into it for sure. Anyone here close to KC? Next year I will be posting an open invite to go to KC Rockfest 2010. $20 a ticket for about 16 bands and it will blow you away. Will post all the info when I have it.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    jsnake:
    cholmes8310:
    Staind came out hardcore and played mostly old stuff. Mudshovel was incredible. Just got chills thinking about it. They only played 1 song from the new album which was ok but the other stuff just rocked. I will tell you that Staind was the top band of the night. Not **** anyone but they were AMAZINGLY perfect live.
    Awesome. Mudshovel is by far one of their best ever. And don't get me wrong, the slow stuff like Outside is ok, but having to deal with a whole CD of it gets pretty dull. Glad they broke out the oldies. Aaron Lewis is still awesome.
  • ViseronViseron Posts: 35
    This show is coming to omaha soon I think. I've thought about going, i'm not a huge fan of any of the bands but concerts are fun to go to anyways. Jumping around in the pit is always a good time.