Home Ratings & Reviews

Pueblo Dominicano...Surprise Surprise

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've really liked the few I've smoked. A lot better than a 5V Gold.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    My son loves these. The only stick he really likes.

I agree these are better than the Gold, but for my taste I actually prefer the 5V Classic (red band) in that price point. A great value.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    I've really liked the few I've smoked. A lot better than a 5V Gold.

I have found that the longer 5 Vegas (any flavor) rests the better they get. And the new Miami is no exception, in fact I will probably have my AM send me a box of Toros every month.
    jadelt:
    My son loves these. The only stick he really likes.

I agree these are better than the Gold, but for my taste I actually prefer the 5V Classic (red band) in that price point. A great value.

The difference in flavors between the 5 Vegas Gold (IMHO) and the PD are so striking I would be hard put to pick one over the other. I am forever looking for the perfect coffee companion. I know that the older the 5 Vegas Gold gets (again IMHO) the more enjoyable it is.

I recently smoked a RED Band that had been sitting for some time and it was vastly improved from the first one from the same batch. I have also decided that the large ring (55) does not age as well, or maybe as fast.

A bit off topic....I have found, and I don't know why, that the 5 Vegas humidor holds humidity longer and at a steadier level then my other humidors. I will probably get another one......
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them too much, never held on to one that long.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:

My apologies, you like the PD or 5 Vegas too much?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Amos Umwhat:

My apologies, you like the PD or 5 Vegas too much?
    I like both, but the PD was what I was referring to. Never been able to keep them more than a couple months, I like to smoke them too much.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Like the Pueblo Dominicano torpedo. If you do, try its stronger cousin -- Cuba Libre One. Excellent value smoke.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bripper:
    Like the Pueblo Dominicano torpedo. If you do, try its stronger cousin -- Cuba Libre One. Excellent value smoke.
    love both!