Home Cigar 101

Longest freeze time?

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
What the longest time your cigars can be in the freezer? I found some ones hidden from a long time ago..

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How were they wrapped? Think about frozen foods, as long as there is no air, there is no freezer burn. Do you see frost on the cigars? If not I think you should be good. One way to find out...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    They were in cello and they were in a ccom baggie with little air which was inside a larger ziploc with little air. Didn't see any frost.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Bring 'em back to life, and give it a shot.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    What the longest time your cigars can be in the freezer?
    Right now I have a good size order that have been in there close to two weeks and will prob be in there for three by the time I pull them out and put them in a zip lock bagador. I am waiting on the shipment of a new coolador for their final resting place.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    scarlin:
    They were in cello and they were in a ccom baggie with little air which was inside a larger ziploc with little air. Didn't see any frost.
    I don't see a problem.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I am wondering what chagnes take place over a period of time like that in regard to the rh and ability of the cigar to keep and hold it's oils after being frozen that long. I do know one manufacturer who freezes 30 days off the table, then ages 60 before they send cigars out. They say it is their secret, and learned from a specific Cuban blender.