Home Cigar 101

Humidor

I just got my first shipment of Cigars of the Month which came with a humidor. What should I do to prepare it before placing my cigars into it?? Thank you!!

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    You should read the thread I am about to bump. It has all the info needed, and even a recent seasoning of a small humi I did that is rock solid.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome to the forum.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Diving right in with COTMC, wow, and welcome. All kinds of videos and articles about seasoning a humidor, just go slow and be patient. How big is this humi?
  • It's the free one that came w/ joinng COTMC. Like 10"X10"
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Diving right in with COTMC, wow, and welcome. All kinds of videos and articles about seasoning a humidor, just go slow and be patient. How big is this humi?
    Not big enough!
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Trust me on this, go bigger than you would think of getting. That small humi is not going to hold much you should buy another. think of how many cigars you want to buy or have on hand than double or triple that number. your box will fill up quick even after doubling or tripling.
    New Boots:
    The3Stogies:
    Not big enough!

Size does matter you say?
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going bigger is def a must. I started with the 50 desktop. Worked to a 150 and now working on a winedor since the 150 is full. Lunacy I tell you. If buying a bigger one is not am option at this point there are plenty of threads that deal with other methods such as coolers and Tupperware to get you by until you are ready to make the jump. Stick around lots of good people and information round here.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a big cooler and use the desktop humidor as a place to hold cigars you want to smoke. The coolers hold RH great and you don't have to chase the numbers around between the seasons. I bought a 150-160 Qt cooler for around $60 and $5 for Kitty Litter. Tons of storage and every time I open it, dead on 65 RH.
    They are right you will go bigger but small is good to start with, practice with that before moving up. I'm up to 3 humi's now, and still need more room.