Home Non Cigar Related

I've got Orders

Looks like I'm headed to Korea for a year. I am quite excited. Anyone here been to Yongsan Garrison in Seoul, by chance?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Oh dear...when you go to Korea, you have to choices.1 - Get demoted.2 - Get the clap.Choose wisely my friend.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to pick up your Korean bride accessory option
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Wow was just talking bout Korea with an ex Army guy today. Said he used to hop the bus to get to the Air Base chow hall. ;o) Stay safe and have fun!!!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    We pull into a diffrent part, not bad if you have a taste for soju. Otherwise... What randy said :)
  • ArmyS1GuyArmyS1Guy Posts: 34
    I was in Korea from 01-02 so anything I knew probably doesn't apply anymore, I was down in Taegu. It's a good tour though, take advantage of it and travel every chance you get.

You get more long weekends there than anywhere else; all the US holidays and the Korean ones, even the Superbowl weekend was a long weekend (it's on in the morning there). See all of Korea you can and think about taking mid-tour leave in the AO. I went to Japan, China, and Thailand instead of coming home.

Treat the KATUSAs good and get to know them. Get them to take you out on the town one night and offer to pick up the tab (but let them know your budget); they'll show you a great time, especially if you can find some from Seoul (shouldn't be hard).

I still miss KyoChon Chicken, great little fried chicken place you could find all over in the south. Not sure if it's in Seoul or not but if so seek it out. McDonald's over there is different too, they had Bulgoki burgers and filet-o-shrimp. Good stuff.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itaewon is fun but be careful. Polly's Kettle House is a must. Right at the top of hooker hill though the map calls it the hill. I'm sure a lot has changed since 1993 and 1994. See as much as you can. Go to the ancient palaces and temples. Always have a buddy with you off base.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Thanks for theinfo! Ive been busy getting my house packed, out processing, and all sorts fo stuff. Found out my follow on assignment too... going to Ramstein AB in the Germany!