Home Ratings & Reviews

Giving "Seconds" a second look, was supprised

So I was given a 15 pack of what was labeled as "Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds" from Oliva
From my son as a belated fathers day gift yesterday
I have never had a "Second" and didn't even know what to expect really
Now I'm not a high roller by any means - LOVE me some good $3-$5 sticks all day long !
Just never really thought about seconds, said he got them for 30 bucks (Toro's). Hmm, 15 Oliva's for $30 ? Ya Sure
I smoked one right out of the shipping box yesterday as soon as I opened it (not even one day to rest)
Also gave them all the once over, no real issues, just a few blemishes here and there, not a problem for me
Man was I surprised at just how good they were, truthfully didn't expect to enjoy it that much, but it was very enjoyable
Was a med-full/full smoke to be sure (right up my alley) had some really good flavors
Reminded me of a mix of the Diesel Shorty (minus the grape skin flavor I get from those) and the Oliva Series O Maduro
Enjoyed it so much more then expected I had to smoke another shortly after just to make sure the first wasn't a fluke
Bottom line, These will defiantly be added to my daily cigars. For the price and the taste.. Total Win Win in my book
Just wanted to share my experience for those that might have been like me and never gave "Seconds" a second look :)

ccom page link FYI

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a bundle last week and had the same experience. Sending a few out and putting about half aside for some age, but right out of the box it was a good cigar. Lets try and keep this between the 2 of us...
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Seconds are great. Thanks for the link. I'd love to get some oliva 2nds
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any Oliva 2nds, but I got some of the rocky Patel "x-outs" and they have been pretty damn good! I would definitely give seconds another try, if I sort of know what I'm getting. I may look at the Olivas. It's nice to have some cheaper smoked around for when you don't know exactly what you want, or will be doing something else like grilling.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap, these are my daily smokes, now everyone is going to buy them

I mean, NO, don't smoke those! They're terrible! You'll hate them! Leave them for some poor schlub that doesn't know any better!

(like me)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I have had good luck with the Alec Bradly seconds in the corona-ish size. I actually like them more than most of the regular AB lines i have tried.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    I have had good luck with the Alec Bradly seconds in the corona-ish size. I actually like them more than most of the regular AB lines i have tried.
    Yep I got some 10/$14.. Sent some to JD I think they were Tempus, a box press and were really dang good at a great price!
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Imgembo:
    Yep I got some 10/$14.. Sent some to JD I think they were Tempus, a box press and were really dang good at a great price!
    The ones i had where not boxed pressed. Not entirely sure how the seconds things work but i took some measurements and the only product made by alec Bradly that had the same dimensions where presundos. Either way great freaking deal.
  • Aland84Aland84 Posts: 60
    I've had a few pack of seconds and I like them a lot. It's nice to have a surplus so I don't get hammered and smoke up expensive stuff.