Home General Discussion
Options

Buyer's remorse

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
Not really, but a funny thing happened when I went back to the house we rented before buying our home. The lawn needed to be mowed and since we've paid rent through the end of June it's still our responsibility. When I pulled up, our former neighbors, an elderly couple, are sitting just inside the garage with what I can only assume was their son. All three are smoking cigars and drinking brandy. When I asked what they were smoking, the son smiles and enthusiastically says, "Cubans!" When I asked what brand, he proudly flashed the band on his finger, which I immediately recognized from 10 feet away. Ironic that I lived next door to these people for 2 years and never saw them smoke, but when I return to mow the lawn one last time they're engaging in what they described as a "family tradition" - sipping on brandy and smoking Behikes.
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Oh man!! I feel for you, Bro. Although I LOL when I read what brand it was. Are you kidding! It would have been great to find out they appreciated some nice Fuentes or Tats or something, but BEHIKES. Get out of here! Maybe you could offer to mow their law and then join them after for refreshments, "You guys are like family to me".
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    That is an incredible story. Might make the best of the one more month of time at the house.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Great story in that we sometimes get so busy with our own lives that we tend to not enjoy others...it used to be that people in past decades were more "neighbor friendly" and got to know each other really well. I can remember growing up in my neighborhood where everyone knew their neighbors so well that if anybody was outside somebody would bring out a few cold ones and just visit and talk with each other. Now days if you can get somebody to wave at each other that's about as good at it gets. When I am on my trips I tend to see those who have a cigar in their hand a friendly target to strike up a conversation....and that ends up turning out to be a really good one that usually goes on for the rest of the cigar or at least an hour or so. I've met up with some that become so nice that if they have an extra cigar they will ensure that I have one of theirs to keep the conversation going....when was the last time anyone of us ever started up a conversation with a stranger where they happily will give you what they have....and I've experienced this on the beach...at B&M's and on cruises.