Home General Discussion

Best draw tool?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Where do you find them? Online? B&M? Make them yourself? I really hate a tight draw. Anybody use draw tools? What do you recommend?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up Havana Saver. They have some really cool ones.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I will be watching this thread with interest. Right now ever since I got my nubber from Stubble I have been using it
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    small phillips screwdriver
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make my own from the thinnest guage coat hanger wire I can find and I cut the end square, not pointed. Pointed ones tend to split what they're being pushed through but a square end cuts a clean hole.... That's an old-time carpenter's trick....
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    A large straightened paperclip works well also. It costs significantly less than any fancy purchased draw tool.
    allsmokedup:
    A large straightened paperclip works well also. It costs significantly less than any fancy purchased draw tool.

And it has a square-cut end. Good choice....
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally smoke a pipe,I use the thing on my pipe tool to poke one if its putting up too much of a fight.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay is where I got mine. Around $12 if I remember right. There were several in the Buy It Now section if you don't want to mess around with an auction.

Edit: It was from Havana Saver as 0patience mentioned.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I've used a toothpick, usually just tight around the head.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Look up Havana Saver. They have some really cool ones.
    Havana saver. I have used paper clips, pipe tools... this thing is great. Worth every penny. I need to order another.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I've been using my Stubble nubber, but I went to the website and these look good. Might have to get one - it really is annoying to get a tight draw - can ruin a great cigar. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    allsmokedup:
    This is what I use ^^
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    welding rod or an ice pick

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    welding rod or an ice pick

Aj

Oooohh, a big no-no on the ice pick. Those things have points. Pointed draw tools are a split cigar waiting to happen..... Just sayin....
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a sqewer.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    jlmarta:
    I make my own from the thinnest guage coat hanger wire I can find and I cut the end square, not pointed. Pointed ones tend to split what they're being pushed through but a square end cuts a clean hole.... That's an old-time carpenter's trick....
    This. I guess I am just cheap but why buy when this works.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    The fang pulled from a level 40 Red Dragon's mouth, but only after a Half Elf Cleric of Tyr has blessed it with the blood of a unicorn.
  • hotrockshotrocks Posts: 1
    I will have to try this!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I never knew that! I guess I have been real lucky to not have to use it on much!

Aj
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I use a small pocket knife blade...if it doesn't work I just chuck
    Money can't buy taste
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    The fang pulled from a level 40 Red Dragon's mouth, but only after a Half Elf Cleric of Tyr has blessed it with the blood of a unicorn.
    Yup, that seals it. My I nominate Rain for best draw tool.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    A good friend of mine makes them and I have several that tend to cater to the size of the cigar....the nice thing about his is that they are "fluted" which makes it easy to get to the offending piece of tobacco and grab it while backing it out. It opens even the most stubborn plugs and has saved me a ton of money over the years. Here is a photo of them ( they are called wine tools but he makes them fluted and they are the best cigar tools out there...I have about a dozen different tools but his are the best ) http://www.wineadors.com/cigar-tools.html
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    A good friend of mine makes them and I have several that tend to cater to the size of the cigar....the nice thing about his is that they are "fluted" which makes it easy to get to the offending piece of tobacco and grab it while backing it out. It opens even the most stubborn plugs and has saved me a ton of money over the years. Here is a photo of them ( they are called wine tools but he makes them fluted and they are the best cigar tools out there...I have about a dozen different tools but his are the best ) http://www.wineadors.com/cigar-tools.html
    Dude! That's awesome! Thanks for the link! Gonna have to order one of those!

Here's the hyper-link
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon