Home General Discussion

Excellent smoke

I received my order of Don Lino Africa cigars last week. An excellent tasty smoke with the complexity of the various tobaccos. I highly recommend to anyone who likes a full bodied smoke.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I've yet to have one, so I did a quick search. To each his own...that's the great thing about our hobby. Welcome to the forum! What else have you smoked that you liked?
    j0z3r:
    Glad this thread popped up...the DL Africa sounded like it might be a good one, however I have come to find out that some of the people responsible for writing cigar descriptions are very good at making a mediocre cigar sound very good. Salesmen....arghhhh.
    kaspera79:
    Hey Matt, I had a Don Lino Africa and had pretty much the same experience. A forgetable cigar with not much zest, average taste profile, below average construction and burn.. I would not buy this one again, or recommend it. (Sorry Don) I did enjoy the original line back in the 90's when no one else liked them.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Don't be sorry...I have had the Africa and was rather disappointed with it. I feel for the $6 range you can and will find much better!!
  • Sorry guys, I really enjoyed the Africa. My usual go to has been Romeo & Julietta Silver Reserve Maduro
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Might be darktower who agrees with me on this, I don't remember... but me and one other person have both remarked that they are tasty, but they have a high tendency to gurkha on you. That is, explode or otherwise burn badly. Not a bad smoke if you can get them for basically change but I wouldn't pay more than maybe $3 per.
    Bayoucrawdaddy:
    Sorry guys, I really enjoyed the Africa. My usual go to has been Romeo & Julietta Silver Reserve Maduro .
    Don't be sorry, I like plenty of smokes that other people don't. Why don'tcha go over to the Newbie Welcoming Thread and introduce yourself? http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/772933.aspx
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Rain:
    Bayoucrawdaddy:
    Sorry guys, I really enjoyed the Africa. My usual go to has been Romeo & Julietta Silver Reserve Maduro .
    Don't be sorry, I like plenty of smokes that other people don't. Why don'tcha go over to the Newbie Welcoming Thread and introduce yourself? http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/772933.aspx
    Randy reviewed a swisher sweet! Talk about "stellar" smokes
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Might be darktower who agrees with me on this, I don't remember... but me and one other person have both remarked that they are tasty, but they have a high tendency to gurkha on you. That is, explode or otherwise burn badly. Not a bad smoke if you can get them for basically change but I wouldn't pay more than maybe $3 per.
    First time I've seen someone use "Gurkha" as a verb. Hahaha!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    New Boots:
    Rain:
    Bayoucrawdaddy:
    Randy reviewed a swisher sweet! Talk about "stellar" smokes
    ....oh yeah.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    that they are tasty, but they have a high tendency to gurkha on you. That is, explode or otherwise burn badly.
    love how you verbed "gurkha"
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to hijack the thread here...but how in the hell can the most expensive cigar in the world also be from the same manufacture that pumps out dog rockets by the thousands,( aside from a select few that are good)?
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    No_one21:
    "but they have a high tendency to gurkha on you." Lol ! The great thing about our hobby is that our tastes tend to run differently which is not a bad thing...for me my tastes are all over the place making it hard to tame the pricing when I discover a great cigar. My last one is the AJ Fernandez Mayimbe which goes for an average $15 a stick ( can be found cheaper for around $10 ) as these were made as a limited production cigar...this is a very good and powerful cigar but tends to hurt the wallet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hi Mudbugs and welcome to the forum. Everyone has their own tastes and different palates. I remember liking the DL when I had it before.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome to the site. Like James40 said everyone likes different cigars. I like more mild-medium cigars. what you should do is get a little more active on the site and participate in a couple trades to try different cigars out, that's how i found a couple that i really like.