Home Non Cigar Related

Butterfly bushes

flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
Hi everyone, do any of you guys have butterfly bushes in your yards? The garden of bushes i put in for my 3 nieces pefished. I lost all of mine due to that nasty 6 month winter we just had. Let me know if we can arrange a cutting or two, ill pay shiipping ect...

Comments

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I Lost mine too. I need to get a bunch of landscaping done but I just don't have the time or the money.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I lose mine every year (we never have nice winters here). I just end up buying new ones from Home Depot. Now, what we're not getting anymore is BUTTERFLIES. In past years, we'd have tons of monarchs and other large butterflies nesting in our flower garden from late July through early September. In the summer of 2013 we didn't have a single monarch. I've heard that, at least in NE, the monarchs hadn't returned due to the ongoing eradication of the milkweed plants that the caterpillars feed on. Pretty sad if that's the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Lost mine too! The winter was a terrible one and wiped the poor thing out. Been looking all spring here for another and everyone is sold out.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can send some ticks, in 3 varieties, will that help?
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    yessir. It would mean the world to my lil nieces, thankyou!!
    flowbee:
    jd50ae:
    yessir. It would mean the world to my lil nieces, thankyou!!
    Oh damn, now I get it JD, Ticks as in bugs!!!

I guess I am glad I didn't tell the girls they were comin from a BOTL in Tenn, TY anyway bro, I am a lil slow.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    If this were a year ago I could hook you up. We had a huge one in our back yard at the old house.
    Thanks bbass2, I appreciate the kind thoughts, I just cant find em by me or I would buy a few.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have any sorry can't help but maybe you can order them online??
    I never ordered from these guys before but get magazines all the time from them
    http://www.eburgess.com/prodnav.asp?cat_search=But&nav=shr&header=Shrubs~-~Butterfly~Bush

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Thanks jgibv, I will check that link out!!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    It's sad because they grow like weeds here, the purple ones are everywhere. The king county (Seattle area) website calls them noxious weeds. Butterfly Bush
    Thats the beauty of the west coast when ir comes to gardening
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I just saw a bunch of my local Lowe's, around $7 a plant.
    raisindot:
    I just saw a bunch of my local Lowe's, around $7 a plant.
    Im striking out so far, 2 more stores to check, thanks for the tip!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    You want to watch out for Lowes and Home Depot, they use a lot of pesticides that kill honey bees. I just picked one up at Green Pond Nursery here in the Lehigh Valley. If you are ever in the area, they have some quality goods.