Home General Discussion

FDA Extends Comment Period

MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like you have some more time to get your comments in to them up until August 8th. http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/17684

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it all comes down to whether the FDA will listen. And, what is their goal in defining premium cigars at a price point of $10 and up? Are they trying to keep prices above what kids could pay? Or, do they simply not understand the business of hand made cigars? Or both?
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I guess it all comes down to whether the FDA will listen. And, what is their goal in defining premium cigars at a price point of $10 and up? Are they trying to keep prices above what kids could pay? Or, do they simply not understand the business of hand made cigars? Or both?
    ive said this before, i honestly think the FDA people didn't do a lot of research and just took what they knew to be a premium cigar (Cohiba) and set the price level at what it costs to buy a cohiba. I think that will be the one thing they will come off of pretty easily if you can show the proper reason to set it lower or show that it makes no difference to what a child would buy. A teen is not going to smoke a $4 DPG Blue. A child will smoke a $10 Acid Kluba Kluba
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Bob Luken:
    ive said this before, i honestly think the FDA people didn't do a lot of research and just took what they knew to be a premium cigar (Cohiba) and set the price level at what it costs to buy a cohiba. I think that will be the one thing they will come off of pretty easily if you can show the proper reason to set it lower or show that it makes no difference to what a child would buy. A teen is not going to smoke a $4 DPG Blue. A child will smoke a $10 Acid Kluba Kluba
    I tend to agree and I'm hopeful that they (the FDA) have learned something from us during the commentary period. But has anybody heard an actual explanation from the FDA on their reasons for the $10 price point?
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Not only has the comment period been extended, but our friends in the White House have suggested some changes in favor of the cigar industry and its consumers. Check it out
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Yes! Some good news on this topic.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    maybe there getting nervous of a revolt and are thinking twice about the decision.

A.j.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Both, and thats what I told my congressman. The FDA clearly doesn't understand the market they are trying to regulate.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America