Home General Discussion

Diesel

Good morning all,
Full bodied fan here
I'm new to Diesel, enjoying the Diesel Unlimited Maduro. Not a big fan of the HOTD for some reason.
I'm considering the Diesel Unholy Cocktail and/or the Diesel Shorty and wanted to get peoples thoughts on these.
Thanks in advance.

Dan

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of all the Diesel cigars. I had the Unholy Cocktail again last night and boy was it good. I'm trying to get my hands on one of the Diesel Wicked cigars at the time being. That stick looks like it would knock me down. The Delirium seems to be hit or miss with people on the Ccom forum. I tend to like it a lot and agree that they do need a little age before you light them.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big fan with some age on them. Let them rest at least a couple months and they mellow out into a great smoke IMO. I have some of the unlimited maduro resting, but have not tried it yet.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you hang around. Shoot me your address via PM and I can hook you up with a nice little sampler of Diesels so you can try them out. I will be out of town tomorrow but can shoot them over to you sometime next week.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I like both a lot. They are very different smokes young and aged, and I like them both ways. Young they can be a bit unbalanced and more in your face, but IMO in a good way. Sort of like an overly hopped IPA. Aged they become a great smooth maduro that can compete with AF Anejo.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • danksheehandanksheehan Posts: 46
    how do the regular diesel line (Unholy Cocktail/Shorty) compare to Unlimited Maduro?
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    My fav Diesel is the UHC. Let them rest 6 - 12 months and they get even better. Not a huge fan of HOTD either. I also like the unlimited a lot and I like it better than the unlimited maduro. Great value here.

(oh yeah, and I just picked up a Diesel ashtray.... very cool)
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    The Unholy Cocktail is a perennial favorite of mine. I second jadelt. They do wonderful with some rest time in the humidor.