Home Cigar 101

Ever hear of Parodi by Avanti? In the humi or separate?

I got these cigarillos and they're not bad! Have a different smell to them and not wrapped...Should/Can I keep them in my regular humidor or will that scent negatively effect my other smokes?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if im not mistaken those are Dry Cured (aka fire cured)
    this means that they have been baked and specifically dried out. they need no humidor at all, but of course they are not designed to age either.
  • ejasenovicejasenovic Posts: 66
    Oooo Ok! I thought that was just a flavor-enhancing thing...didn't know it meant that also. Thanks man!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parodi cigars are made in my hometown. A favorite cigar of Clint Eastwood. The owner sends boxes to him all the time and he was smoking them in a couple of his movies. We used to smoke them as kids when we stole them from someone's father. Don't think I could smoke one today.

There are 2 different blends. The regular Parodi is just tobacco (maybe cured as Kuzi mentioned). The Avanti is anisette flavored. Those I would not recommend putting in a humi with other cigars. They have a very strong licorice aroma which would soak into non-flavored cigars.
    Gotcha! Yeah it's a very strong smell...a ziplock bag almost helps...ha! I took it out and moved it
    rsherman24:
    Parodi cigars are made in my hometown. A favorite cigar of Clint Eastwood. The owner sends boxes to him all the time and he was smoking them in a couple of his movies. We used to smoke them as kids when we stole them from someone's father. Don't think I could smoke one today.

There are 2 different blends. The regular Parodi is just tobacco (maybe cured as Kuzi mentioned). The Avanti is anisette flavored. Those I would not recommend putting in a humi with other cigars. They have a very strong licorice aroma which would soak into non-flavored cigars.

Didn't realize it was a favorite of Mr. Eastwood! Maybe that's why I feel like a badass when smoking them...
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need is the cowboy hat
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    So nice to see another Machine Made Smoker, I love me machine mades all time! you would be supprised at how good some of them really are!

Aj
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    So nice to see another Machine Made Smoker, I love me machine mades all time! you would be supprised at how good some of them really are!

Aj
    if you can find em, "Marsh wheeling" cigars are a very good machine made. ill smoke those any day. really good for those days out fishing or while participating in Manifest Destiny.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    if you can find em, "Marsh wheeling" cigars are a very good machine made. ill smoke those any day. really good for those days out fishing or while participating in Manifest Destiny.
    my hero! just ordered a box of the Mountaineers! they sound just right for me! thanks for your heads up!

official 10+ points for Kuzi!

Aj