Home Ratings & Reviews

Three banded cigar??? Really???

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
image Lol, has cigar presentation jumped the shark yet??? Don't get me wrong, I think the presentation is visually appealing, but do I want to deal with three separate bands to smoke the dang thing?
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really find it all that difficult you can sen them to me. It looks like there are 4 bands.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey now! Getting them undressed is very appealing to the eye, yes? LOL My first love (A.K.A. First box purchase.) was Cuesta-Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve Pyramid No. 9. A beautifully made Cameroon with exceptional presentation. It has a very traditional band with an image of a beautiful dark haired lady over a gold foil sleeve and a third component, a foot band. But as to you point that it's too many bands to mess with, luckily with these all three components usually slide right off as one unit. No fuss.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, three is wayyyy....Oh, those are perty!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the more the merrier. But I like bands..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaaaa well they do need help selling nc monte's too the uninformed people of the US so I'll believe it
    Money can't buy taste
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ridiculous.. this stuff and the big mammoth sized cigars. gross. next thing you know, theyre gonna just wrap all cigars in parchment paper! jk lee. I actually really like that method haha
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Hey now! Getting them undressed is very appealing to the eye, yes? LOL My first love (A.K.A. First box purchase.) was Cuesta-Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve Pyramid No. 9. A beautifully made Cameroon with exceptional presentation. It has a very traditional band with an image of a beautiful dark haired lady over a gold foil sleeve and a third component, a foot band. But as to you point that it's too many bands to mess with, luckily with these all three components usually slide right off as one unit. No fuss.

Dammit Bob!
    Why you gotta go and show something like to a cammy ho??
    Especially one I ain't seen.

I think a lot of the bands are getting out of hand sometimes. They are cool, but that doesn't do much for ya when you are smoking them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I, for one, am not a fan of huge or multiple bands, I tend to drink to much and inevitably start smoking the band wondering why a good cigar sucks so bad at the halfway point.

• ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    image Lol, has cigar presentation jumped the shark yet??? Don't get me wrong, I think the presentation is visually appealing, but do I want to deal with three separate bands to smoke the dang thing?
    The only thing they care about is: are you compelled to buy it? Bands have intrigued me from the start as I seem more attracted to some than others. Packaging is a big part of marketing and I guess cigars are no different.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    The only thing they care about is: are you compelled to buy it? Bands have intrigued me from the start as I seem more attracted to some than others. Packaging is a big part of marketing and I guess cigars are no different.
    Absolutely! I'll be the first to admit that I collect my old bands and have them on display in a vase by the bar. I'm a huge fan of the history/artistry/creativity/etc that goes into many of the cigar bands that we all love. I really think this cigar has overdone it, however. Hell, the footband simply has the name of the cigar on it, which also appears on the other two bands! I wouldn't mind as much if it was one huge band. Two bands can be necessary when using a standard band plus an additional identifying band, but three is just overkill.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Presentation is the name of the game. If you have three bands, a non regular smoker will say "These must be good if they have three bands!" As long as they don't use a ton of glue, I don't mind...I like it. The visual aspect if the first part of our ritual. Followed by some/all/none of smell, feel, etc etc.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    ridiculous.. this stuff and the big mammoth sized cigars. gross. next thing you know, theyre gonna just wrap all cigars in parchment paper! jk lee. I actually really like that method haha
    Eff it. They should start making rainbow colored wrappers too.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who wants to look at the cigar itself?
    Personally, I like the simple bands that accent the cigar and not hide it.
    And to be honest, even my cherished Torano 1916s could do without the cedar sleeve and I'd be happy.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Eff it. They should start making rainbow colored wrappers too.
    eff it! instead of cigar boxes, put em in socks!