Home Ratings & Reviews

Unbelievable Smoke

I smoked an absolutely amazing cigar today, and I felt that it was my civil duty to let the community know. It legitimately might have been the best cigar I've ever had (although take that with a grain of salt, as I'm still getting my feet wet with new brands). Oh my gosh, it was so smooth and satisfying; even burn, perfect draw. I think the H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon will forever be in my Top 5 favorite sticks. Now if only I can get my hands on a box...

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love those. Bought one at a B&M in east TN, went back for moe. Mmmm...cameroon!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to ya old smokey
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

moved to PM where it belongs

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ol_smokey1ol_smokey1 Posts: 26
    Great find on the website... I've never been there before but they seem really affordable. The B&M that carried them over by me just closed shop, and I haven't seem them anywhere else, so this is helpful (couldn't find them on ccom or CI). Thanks!
    schidt... How'd I put that here? I meant to PM that to you smokey. My bad. Wrong button I guess.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the wonderful world of cameroons.
    The Vintage Cameroon is an excellent, but fragile cigar.
    Check into the Torano 1916 and Fuente Hemingway, for other great cameroons.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Mmm...just saying it gets me excited ha. What do you mean by "fragile"? I'll look into those others...thanks for the suggestions! I don't know if this is a rookie question, but what role does the cameroon wrapper exactly play into the cigar experience?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wrapper (the outer leaf that is visible to us) plays a major role in the overall flavor profile of the cigar even though it is a small portion of the overall amount of tobacco. I'm not sure exactly why. But, I saw this YouTube experiment that anyone can try. Take a box cutter or exacto knife blade and carefully cut and remove the wrapper from about the first inch of your cigar. (make sure you leave the binder in place) Then smoke as you normally would and when you smoke down far enough where the wrapper starts to burn, you should be able to notice exactly what the wrapper adds to the overall profile.

For me, Cameroon wrappers tend to crack while I smoke them. it has something to do with the humidity outside. And ive heard people say that they are a particularly thin wrapper.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ol_smokey1:
    Mmm...just saying it gets me excited ha. What do you mean by "fragile"? I'll look into those others...thanks for the suggestions! I don't know if this is a rookie question, but what role does the cameroon wrapper exactly play into the cigar experience?
    Not a rookie question. A very good question.
    To add a little to what Bob said.
    There are some cameroon cigars that don't seem to be too prone to cracking, but there are those that are.
    Cameroon wrappers tend to be thinner. So humidity changes, like going from outside to inside or vice versa, can be an enemy to them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Hm. Good but not the best I smoked. Have you tried the Montecristo Media Noche cigars?
    amantedelsigaro:
    Hm. Good but not the best I smoked. Have you tried the Montecristo Media Noche cigars?
    Unfortunately, I can't say that I have. I've only had 2 Montecristos before--first one was a Montecristo Platinum and the second was just the classic if I recall correctly. The Platinum was a little lackluster for me--the flavor wasn't anything spectacular, and I remember having a very tight draw/not a lot of smoke. That could have been my fault though. The classic was decent, but I don't remember much as it was over a year ago. I'd love to give good ol' Monte another chance though!