Home Non Cigar Related

Word Crimes

ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
U've got 2 C this vid!!!!!! Its amazng.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very timely post. I use to write all the time (its a fountain pen thing). I sometimes go back and read my posts, and I am dismayed at how bad my writing skills have deteriorated. It is embarrassing. If it wasn't for the spell checker I don't think of half my posts would be readable. And punctuation is a serious problem.

Mrs Griffin, I miss your teaching skills.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not as bothered by the abbreviations, as the sentence structure that some folks use.
    Sometimes making things unreadable.
    And then those people will be the first to correct someone.
    "did u no you spelt that wrong?"
    Seriously?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    When I was in grade school my spell check was a dictionary, and I had to look it up myself, the horror. Sentence structure always mystified me though. But in spite of all that they learned me pretty good.
    Writing cursive is not taught in a lot of schools now.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We once had a mangler (manager) who's spelling was so bad, you rarely knew what he wrote.
    One time, the highway striping trucks were showing up on a Friday, he wrote on one of the white boards that "The strippers will be here Friday."
    I told him to let me know when the strippers show up, cause I want to see them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha! That was funny. Saw a few things I'm guilty of. Like "not" to use quotation marks for emphasis. But in the credits I noticed Yankovic is listed as "Weird Al" Yankovic. Was that for emphasis? I think it was. And is that ironic? I'm not sure.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it wrong that I want to click "Quote" on nearly every post in this thread and correct something?

And is that ironic, or is it subtly and intentionally evil on the part of my fellow BsOTL?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Is it wrong that I want to click "Quote" on nearly every post in this thread and correct something?

And is that ironic, or is it subtly and intentionally evil on the part of my fellow BsOTL?
    The pain/joy of being a teacher...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Martel:

I could care less. :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Martel:

Intentionally? No. I ain't that bright