Home General Discussion

Hello to all!

jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello there everyone! I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Jay and I am a new cigar smoker. I dabbled with them some years ago but never really took the time to learn what I liked so it never really went anywhere. Recently, I was visiting a shop in southern California and picked up a couple sticks on a whim. I shared them with my wife when I got home and we have been enjoying them ever since. My current favorites are the Liga Privada No. 9 Corona Doble followed by the CAO America Patomic. I have been poking around Cigar.com's website for a bit now and just recently stumbled onto this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here that I have been enjoying pouring through. Although, I wish I hadn't read about the dreaded tobacco beetle yet... Thanks in advance to all of you for the information that I am gaining here!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. You and your wife...? That's 2 thumbs up.....

Be forewarned that most on this forum are just a wee bit touched in the head. You can of course trust me.... PM me your address for the "newsletter".
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a new guy here too. Always nice to meet amother Jarhead. Semper Fi
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my wife as well... I am truly a lucky man. PM sent. And Semper Fi to you as well FW! 9th Marines?

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jay! Welcome. Hope you stick around.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Obviously a joke since no Devil Dog would be able to use a computer.//Kidding.Welcome to the (other other) Great Place!
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you! The newsletter is fantastic. Lots of good information.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around.Thank you for everyone's service!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the poorhouse Jay. Great bunch here you will learn so much from this forum. And your wife smokes cigars too, outstanding.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, to both gyrenes.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Another Sacramentan in the house. Welcome brother we will have herf sometime. Good to have you.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    welcome to the forum
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Good to have you!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jay, welcome to the forums. New huh? You should probably buy a 2nd humidor if you haven't already. It's going to be filling up really fast if you hang around these forums.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny you should say that Thanatos0320. Second small humi is seasoned and ready to go and I started looking around for a good wine fridge today. Been reading up on wineadors and I think that is going to be my best bet for temp, humidity and space issues.