Home General Discussion

The ORIGINAL "Pick-My-Stick" is back! Mini review LFD Air Bender now complete

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
It has been a long time since I did a "pick my stick" Not much Montana wildlife this year.

For those of you who are new (sorta) the deal is this..... I list 3 smokes and you pick the one for me to smoke tonight. I do my duty and fire it up and after it is complete I do my simple amateur review with pictures and my own feelings and comments. If any wildlife drops by pictures of the visitors will be included. (Edit) = Pairing tonight will be Woodford Reserve.
I expect to start my smoke about 6:30 - 7PM Mountain time.

Tonight your choices are:

1. Torano Vault (must be a new version as the band is now red and gold)
2. DPG Blue
3. LFD Air Bender

Vote early and often! Thanks for your support.

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LFD Air bender is my vote.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD. Which vitola are we looking at??? I swear that pic wasn't there the first time I looked. Lol
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    LFD. Which vitola are we looking at??? I swear that pic wasn't there the first time I looked. Lol
    Wish it was a chisel but it is a Maestro (5.5 x 52) I think. I just posted pics on the original listing.

EDIT = Gotcha. (just put pic in lol)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LFD
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta go with the Airbender, love these!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD, never tried one but dying to.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG Blue
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Both! LFD and DPG! Love them both.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Lfd! One of my all time favorites
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    If the blue has some age on it, that gets my vote (over a year) because I've only ever smoked fresh ones. Otherwise the LFD.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel:
    If the blue has some age on it, that gets my vote (over a year) because I've only ever smoked fresh ones. Otherwise the LFD.
    The Bender has about a year on it the Blue has only a couple of months. (so another LFD Vote)
    Well the winner if LFD so I am off to do my Bender. I will try to do it on V-Herf (never did online herf before) Review to follow tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.
  • heels0303heels0303 Posts: 53
    Airbender is the best cigar LFD makes
    OK so the LFD Air Bender won by a long shot. (Sorry Shizz, DPG Blue next time) here are my thoughts and feelings about this stick.

Paired with Woodford Reserve and attempted to do my very first V-Herf during my smoke. Somewhat successful and by the end of the night I think I had things figured out except my name for some reason is now Debbie.

Prelight:
    The LFD Air Bender is a really pretty stick. Kind of a milk chocolate even color and very firm. This appears to be a very well constructed stick. I even like the looks of the band..... very classic and classy.

Cut with Xikar, prelight draw was just the way I like, not too hard not too soft, just right. Attempted to light with a soft flame but the wind didnt want me to do that. Used a torch.

First few puffs were nice and while this is a full body smoke it seemed fairly mild to me (been smoking Ruination and Diesel lately). Very nice flavor rich and pleasing. Also noted a lot of smoke, one of my favorite qualities. The burn is crisp and even confirming the quality construction.

More flavor about half way through. A bit stronger approaching full body but not overpowering and some spice is present and very nice.

As I approach the end the burn turned a little ragged but still OK. Flavor and spice picked up a bit. About this time I finally got the V-Herf technology issues behind me and I am thoroughly enjoying smoking with company. This stick is smooth and satisfying. Not the most powerful but a nice even balance of flavor, strength and smooth billowy smoke.

On my personal simple scale (1-5) I give this stick a 4.8 and now that it is over I want another.

Thanks Y'all for a great evening.