Home Cigar 101

Sleeper Cigars

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know there are a bunch of sleeper cigars out there. I see the big name cigars all the time and some are good and some are really good and some are just ok. I wonder if you guys would share your under the radar sleeper sticks in this post? I'm looking for good med-full to full small brand cigars at a decent price.

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Argonese maduro.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    anything by J. Fuego.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    anything by J. Fuego.
    + 1. Est 1844, Pueblo Dominicano, 5 Vegas A. But they all need some age, IMHO.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Kuzi.
    And anything Torano.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Crowned Heads falls under your criteria. I like the Crowned Heads cigars that I've had. I've had the Four Kicks, Headly Grange, and the JD Howard Reserve. I've heard good things about their Las Calaveras but I have not tried it yet. Nor have I had their brand new release, Jericho Hill but it looks good.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite go to cigars is the Sancho Panza very economical and a good all around smoke like the maduro my self!!! Also the park avenue is good mild smoke very smooth.would highly recommend both!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    One of my favorite go to cigars is the Sancho Panza very economical and a good all around smoke like the maduro my self!!! Also the park avenue is good mild smoke very smooth.would highly recommend both!!!
    +1 on the Sancho Panza. Good with coffee in the morning. I have not had the maduro but I bet it's good too.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    AJ Fresh Rolled. You're welcome.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint Luis Ray.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Med-med full? Roma craft all day... Check out guayacan as well. The entire padron line, and basically anything Eddie Ortega makes.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Miguel torps
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Onyx Reserve. Really like this one and with a MRSP of $6 is not ridiculous. This one has got high rating scores but is not talked about very often. I bought a box but have given most of them away but still have one or two stashed away.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    cohiba behike
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Cohiba Behike, Cohiba 1966 LE 2011, Pepin 10th Anniversary, Any Padron Family Reserve and Anniversary line, cigars, Don Carlos Edicion Anniversario, Fuenete Opus X and Siglo, AJs MoW Armada, Viaje Oro #5, Paul Stulac Midnight Fire and few more.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    cohiba behike
    your sooooooo sexy, just sayin
    But I digress, Try ryj reserve, the perdomo lot 23 mad, and AVO classic,,oh you should also give AKA and or El primer Mundo a go
    The Kid:
    jliu:
    cohiba behike
    your sooooooo sexy, just sayin
    But I digress, Try ryj reserve, the perdomo lot 23 mad, and AVO classic,,oh you should also give AKA and or El primer Mundo a go
    I love when you talk cigars. So hot!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    cohiba behike

As if we mere mortals could afford such a delight, you elitist summagun.... :-/)
    rzaman:
    Cohiba Behike, Cohiba 1966 LE 2011, Pepin 10th Anniversary, Any Padron Family Reserve and Anniversary line, cigars, Don Carlos Edicion Anniversario, Fuenete Opus X and Siglo, AJs MoW Armada, Viaje Oro #5, Paul Stulac Midnight Fire and few more.
    these are sleeper cigars?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Rip thought he meant good cigars to age, IE sleep?
    Rain:
    Maybe Rip thought he meant good cigars to age, IE sleep?
    ok i can see that.
  • Guayacan (both Natural and the new Maduro) and Savinelli 2007 vintage in my opinion are excellent cigars
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Fuente mag 44's!
    Money can't buy taste
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say Crowned Heads
    jlmarta:
    jliu:
    cohiba behike

As if we mere mortals could afford such a delight, you elitist summagun.... :-/)
    Haha when my behike turn fuller circle we shall enjoy one together Marty! They're no where near potential imo
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Good under the radar cigars? Guess it depends how good your radar is..... Seriously, though, my best answer off the top of my head would be El Titan de Bronze.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Ventura
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    occedental reserve.

Aj
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Someone said Perdomo Lot 23, and I second that emotion. Try the puro and the Connecticut, they're different but what a great, rich taste for around $5-6 per stick.

Also, Partagas Spanish Rosado is a great value stick with a unique wrapper, but most people tend to go for their other lines. Hoyo de Monterrey maduro in the Governor's size is a perfect example of quality Honduran tobacco for $5.

5 Vegas Gold anyone? Please be nice hahah

ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    jliu:
    cohiba behike
    You're stoned again aren't you? lol When I think of "sleeper cigars" I think of those that are not only tasty but economical as well. Some are already mentioned and my favorite so far is the Crowned Heads which Im buying by the truckload. J Fuego is another good cigar as well as the Arganese Maduros ( even with Gene taking a virtual beating in the press...a good cigar is a good cigar even if my mother in law made em ) Some other sleeper cigars were so good they were discontinued because the majority of the smokers out there were never aware of them so they went away but not before I bought a ton of them and they are smoking as good as any $15 cigar out there.