Home Ratings & Reviews

La Perla Habana WIDE torpedo

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are they serious?
62 ring gauge.
This is one of those cigar that I'm not even interested in considering.

Is this appealing to anyone and am I missing something with this large ring gauge thing?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Are they serious?
    62 ring gauge.
    This is one of those cigar that I'm not even interested in considering.

Is this appealing to anyone and am I missing something with this large ring gauge thing?

It's similar to the whole huge watch trend. I've always liked watches and had a pretty big collection but got rid of most of them and right now only have a couple left. Right about 40-43mm was the usual size and then companies started making watches in the 50mm plus sizes and have seen some that even go up to about 63mm. The two I have left are the same style with different movements and are 52mm in size. Being a bigger guy the smaller sizes just look kind of silly on me and I prefer the 50mm size range.

With cigars I was the same way and when I first got back into the about four years ago I got into the bigger ring gauges but honestly have drifted toward the Corona size more and more since I got back into cigars again within the last month or so. To me you just get more flavors in the smaller ring gauges and you also tend to have less construction and burn issues as well which is an added benefit too. With more and more companies going back to making Corona and Lancero sizes we'll see how long the big chunky ring gauges stay around but I think there is a market for them like there is for the bigger watches.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A regular 60 was bad enough, but now in a Torpedo shape?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't do anything for me. I was herfing with a friend and told him to pick something out, he picked up a Airbender Lancero looked at it and told me that he would be embarrassed to be seen in public with something like that, I just smiled. Apparently it's a status thing with some people.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Torpedo makes more sense to me once you start going 60 plus rg's. At least it tapers down so you don't have to smoke like you're wearing a ball gag.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    rsherman24:
    Torpedo makes more sense to me once you start going 60 plus rg's. At least it tapers down so you don't have to smoke like you're wearing a ball gag.

I agree from a smoking perspective, but the phallic resemblance would not be for me
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    rsherman24:
    Hmmmmmm ....... not sure I want to go there...... never realized that about you Gray ....
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    Gray4lines:
    rsherman24:
    Hmmmmmm ....... not sure I want to go there...... never realized that about you Gray ....
    lol! I didn't say ive tried...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy 60 ring gauges, if they're figurados or perfectos, other than that...nah, no thanks!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my barber smokes cigars and the other day he mentioned he was smoking the 60 ring gauge cigars these days so there must be a market out there for everyone to make them, i mentioned " the chief " and he says he use to love those,lol