Home Ratings & Reviews

CI Legends Red Label (Perdomo) Torpedo

Well i woke up this morning and had an inkling to go to my humidor and pull out a cigar and read the morning paper. So i decided to smoke a CI Legends Red Label (Perdomo) Torpedo size 5.75x54 that has been sitting in my humi for 1 month. Nice dark oily wrapper...construction was pretty good throughout. The prelight aroma was very nice....with hints of cedar/spice and earth. The first half the of cigar was nothing special to brag about....i was picking up light spice tones with hints of leather and cedar...the initial burn was pretty even with nice light ash with lots of creamy white smoke. 35 minutes in i reach the second half of the cigar, at this point the burn starts to uneven it self. I thought new flavors would start develop at this point, but to my surprise they didnt.....the same flavors are still present....nothing changed. About 1 hour and 15 minutes i reach the final section of the cigar and i remove the label due to the large size of it (gave me another inch & 1/2). After stopping short of smoking the entire cigar due burning my fingers i came to the final conclussion. Well i found this cigar to be mild to med in body (i know they market this as med to full) but i didnt feel that, flavor was one dimensional from start to finisht....not much change in the flavor profile. Smoke was nice and rich with a good aroma, i did have burn issues when i reached the second half of the cigar that corrected it self shortly after. But for 2.50 msrp a stick i cant complain too much. I cant relate this cigar to any of the other Perdomo line of cigars...maybe possibly the Slow Aged Lot 826 but without the spice/pepper of the 826. I have 4 more left....i will let them rest for a couple of more months and try another one. Dont mind the last pic of my mug!
Total burn time: 1hr 25min imageimageimageimage

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    All the Perdomos I've had taste like you describe it. Leathery with a light spice... and none of them evolved any. They Just kinda stay like that throughout the whole smoke.
    I'm going to put about a year or so on some of mine to see if they settle.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Out of all the CI's I've had I really only liked the white. They just don't do it for me. The copper is a sweet smoke if you like your cigars with a sweet infused sort of taste.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Out of all the CI's I've had I really only liked the white. They just don't do it for me. The copper is a sweet smoke if you like your cigars with a sweet infused sort of taste.
    Copper is Drew Estates so that would explain it.. I liked it because of a cashew and amaretto like taste. I tried all of them and the Purple was my favorite, and the only one I didn't like was Green Puros Indios ( sorry) personal taste.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Of the ones I've tried, the Blue label from Matasa was far and away my favorite. I enojyed the one from La Aurora as well. I need to try another Perdomo, the first one was impossible to draw through and I ended up tossing it, what flavor I got was pretty good.