Home Cigar 101
Options

In need of some information...

I am deployed, and I have just received several cigars from a friend in the states, they were shipped in a plastic bag with some humidifier packs. Here's the question, I have no humidor so what is a good plan, I have a small fridge and a small cooler, besides ammo cans and wooden ammo crates. I would appreciate any help on this subject. Thanks M

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    miguel763:
    plastic bag with some humidifier packs.
    Should be good for a while man, smoke those bad boys.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get your hands on some distilled water just follow the direction on the pack and keep the cigars in a sealed container. Out of the sun and in a 70 degree spot if possible. That should work for a few months. If you get near the end of the humi packs usefulness PM me your address and I will get you some more. In fact, PM me your addy now and we will take care of it now. This is no attempt at being sneaky and I insist on helping you out.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupperware. And humidification device, beads or boveda pack.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Tupperware. And humidification device, beads or boveda pack.
    And store it in the fridge if possible. I'm guessing it is quite warm wherever you are.
    PM me your address, Miguel763 and I'll send you some boveda packs.