Home Cigar 101

Wineador question

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
So i was checking on everything in the wineador and I noticed a few cigars were wet. Luckily they were in cello so the water didnt actually touch them. The fan and drain hole are right in the middle. I have the drain sealed with a tube running down to some KL. I assume the water is getting blown on them from the fan cause the shelf is just above the drain plug so I know it's not overflowing. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to solve this issue?

Comments

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On further review I think it's bouncing off the "pool area" where the drain is. So I either need to create a splash guard or find a new draining method
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I taped up a splash guard. Do I need to worry about mold if there's a little pooling water where the drain is? photo 20140812_193311_zpsq3rfieyf.jpg
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    WOW! your having all kinds of problems, first i think you need to step back and take a breath seems a bit rushy on this.
    to solve the water issue i used silicone to to fill and create a burm to direct the water straight down the back wall, so water is created and dripps straight downward no bounce's,

how long have you seasoned any of the cedar in this wineador?
    this is what i was telling kingjk about you have alot of humidity in the air in there, so the coolers doing what it does cooling and pulling the water out of the air, thats where welll seasoned cedar plays a roll, and thats what the fans i suggest come i to play, fans blowing accross the KL, and more fans circulating that air, circle of life in a wineador,
    but seems like your rushing this a bit, buy some cedar slats off ebay a guy sells various sizes, and length's, cut them to fit and use as shelves.
    more cedar the better, does not need to be pretty or real thick cedar 1/8" or 1/4" cedar is just fine.