Home Non Cigar Related

Awesome Scotch!!!!

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
For you scotch drinkers out there, check this out. I went to the store today to pick up some more Johnny Walker Black and the owner of my favorite liquor store had me sample some of Wasmund's Single Malt Scotch. This stuff is phenomenal! The only thing better than the taste is the aroma! I'm hooked for life and you've got to love the original concept. Check out Rick Wasmund's website and read the process that he has put together. If you get a chance, pick up a bottle. You definately won't regret it!

Wasmund's Single Malt Scotch

Comments

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Awww.... I looked at the website and now I really wanna try this, but there aren't any retailers in Ohio that sell it...
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Looks good, but, it's not Scotch whiskey. Scotch has the malt dried with peat moss at the end of the barley sprouting stage which gives it the peaty smokey flavor.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never a Scotch drinker, but one of our local B&M's in having a cigar and Scotch tasting event not too far from my home next week. I might have to give it a try to see if there is indeed one that I like. If nothing else, I get to try some new cigars.
  • clearlysuspect:
    For you scotch drinkers out there, check this out. I went to the store today to pick up some more Johnny Walker Black and the owner of my favorite liquor store had me sample some of Wasmund's Single Malt Scotch. This stuff is phenomenal! The only thing better than the taste is the aroma! I'm hooked for life and you've got to love the original concept. Check out Rick Wasmund's website and read the process that he has put together. If you get a chance, pick up a bottle. You definately won't regret it!

About how much $$ are we talking about?
  • Sounds interesting... next time I am in New Hampshire I will have to remember to pick up a bottle or 3... for now gonna have ta stick with my Talisker or the Oban...
    MarkH:
    Looks good, but, it's not Scotch whiskey. Scotch has the malt dried with peat moss at the end of the barley sprouting stage which gives it the peaty smokey flavor.

Check out the website and read the part about their malting process. if i remember correctly, it explains why they don't use the peat moss to dry the malted barley. Also, "Scotch" whisky is so aptly named because it is made in Scotland, not because of the use of peat moss to dry the malt grain.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jlzimmerman:
    clearlysuspect:

About how much $$ are we talking about?
    I paid $32.99 for my bottle.

The barley thoroughbred smoke they use was actually developed at the University of Virginia. It's the only one like it in the world. This is an extremely unique drink. The first time I even smelled it, I was in love.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    That souds good.

Have you guys tried Dalmore 12yr? Its amazing and its the only thing I buy now. They used to make a cigar scotch but I cant find that anywhere.
  • ViseronViseron Posts: 35
    The Ardbeg 10 year scotch is great. Same with their Ugedal which is a cask strength. Glenmoreangie (sp?) has some good ones also, the Quinta Rubin and the Astar are some of my favorites.
    Viseron is right, Glenmorangie does have some good ones. I LOVE their Signet, but it's damned expensive. Glenlivet, Macallan, and Glenfiddich have some good single malts as well, and the price is right too, anywhere from $35-$75. The Glenfiddich is a bit drier than the Glenlivet, and Glenlivet a bit drier than Macallan, IMO. I've heard good things about Highland Park's single malts too, but have yet to try them.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Goldy. The Dalmore Cigar Malt is my favorite. I can find it locally(Denver),but not always available.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Still boycotting Scotch until they apologize for releasing terrorists from prison.
    Check out the website and read the part about their malting process. if i remember correctly, it explains why they don't use the peat moss to dry the malted barley. Also, "Scotch" whisky is so aptly named because it is made in Scotland, not because of the use of peat moss to dry the malt grain.

Touche on the Scotch definition. Still got to try this. I just found a store in Chicago near my hotel where I will pick up a bottle tonight. I'll report tomorrow if (when) I can see straight.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Poker slob, you have a PM

Hey MarkH, what part of Minneapolis are you from?
    I just found a store in Chicago near my hotel where I will pick up a bottle tonight. I'll report tomorrow if (when) I can see straight.

Ok, "Blinnys Liquor Depot" is out.