Home Ratings & Reviews

Sticks your sick of

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
This thread is almost like sticks you don't want in your humidor but it's really just as simple! Sticks you've smoked the ish out of and have not wanted more since your pallet changed or your just tired of having them take up space! You can barter aka trade or just simply give them away but no selling! We are all good people and selling shouldn't be a option since well you don't really want them! I'd start but really have to dig through my stash which would take a while so I'm leaving this open till I do. So who's first?!?!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I think I've lost my "taste" for the 'regular" My Fathers and La Aroma De Cuba. I loved them at first and bought a bunch of each and they've been in the humidor for a year or so, but I think aging mellowed them out too much. To me, they've lost the strength that made me fall in love with 'em in the first place.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I think I've lost my "taste" for the 'regular" My Fathers and La Aroma De Cuba. I loved them at first and bought a bunch of each and they've been in the humidor for a year or so, but I think aging mellowed them out too much. To me, they've lost the strength that made me fall in love with 'em in the first place.

Haven't gotten around to having an LADC yet but I really like the My Fathers. At first I wasn't a huge fan and preferred the Le Bijou 1922 to the regular MF. While I still do prefer the LB, the regular MFs have gotten much closer to them.

As far as sticks I'm sick of, there aren;t any lol. Being away from cigars for a couple years has allowed me to have a new appreciation of them I guess. I did remember what I liked and while stocking the Wineador have been focusing on adding that stuff but there's so much new stuff I want to try. Maybe I'll get tired of something at some point but who knows.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I love the MF and would like to try a couple with a year on them. What would you like in return?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    This is what our hobby so great. I won't smoke a MF cigars until I've put 18 months on it. To me the time makes the cigar sublime. Never could stand the LAdC after DPG got his hands on them. Don't get me wrong, ask around, I'm a HUGE DPG fan but with the exception of the LAdC EE Lancero, the line did nothing for me. Now, the AF rolled LAdC are, IMHO, to die for.