Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Man I am P.O. Pissed!

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Did anyone else watch the Virginia Tech vs Georgia Tech game? I'm not one for blaming officiating for my teams losses, but they straight up cheated! On a crucial third down, GT got close and they brought out the chains to measure. They were about 2 inches short, so the guy holding the chains, leans the stick back and it's still short. So the official walks up, moves the ball 2 inches forward to where it's touching the stick and then signals a first down. Never in my day have I seen anything like it. I'm not sure who was gonna blow a blood vessel first, me or Frank Beamer!

On another crucial 4th down, our running back came straight down. He didn't bounce forward. He didn't slide forward. Where the ball ended up is where it should have been marked. The official walks up, takes the ball from him, moves it a yard backward, and signals 1st down for Georgia Tech. Again, I've never seen anything like this!

Not to take anything away from Georgia Tech. They're a tough team and the way they played they deserved to win. But damnit I hope at least one referee gets fired for this one.

Comments

• Options
    that sucks brotha.....i still dont know why Charlie Weiss still has a job at Notre Dame?
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    clearlysuspect:
    Did anyone else watch the Virginia Tech vs Georgia Tech game? I'm not one for blaming officiating for my teams losses, but they straight up cheated! On a crucial third down, GT got close and they brought out the chains to measure. They were about 2 inches short, so the guy holding the chains, leans the stick back and it's still short. So the official walks up, moves the ball 2 inches forward to where it's touching the stick and then signals a first down. Never in my day have I seen anything like it. I'm not sure who was gonna blow a blood vessel first, me or Frank Beamer!

On another crucial 4th down, our running back came straight down. He didn't bounce forward. He didn't slide forward. Where the ball ended up is where it should have been marked. The official walks up, takes the ball from him, moves it a yard backward, and signals 1st down for Georgia Tech. Again, I've never seen anything like this!

Not to take anything away from Georgia Tech. They're a tough team and the way they played they deserved to win. But damnit I hope at least one referee gets fired for this one.
    Hmmmm don't remember these two plays you're talking about but did watch the game. I was excited by the outcome. Just need Miami to lose again so we can make it to the ACC championship.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:

HA HA!! GO JACKETS! ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on..........
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Lassy....you always have something really deep and meaningful to say.
    Lasabar:
    I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on..........
    I think that I'm gonna meditate on this tonight.