Home Ratings & Reviews

C-Com Primeros?

dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
I have a large project that will be finishing up here soon, and as a token of appreciation at the celebratory dinner, I like to have free cigars at each of the tables.

Now i need to support around 250 people, so I was looking at those C-Com Wheels of cigars that are 40 bucks.

Are they actually good? or atleast decent? Any opinons of these sticks would be helpful! Of course, id like to by premi-prem prems but i cant afford 275 sticks or so for that kind of event.

Aj

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'd probably suggest trying one to be honest. I think I remember Stephen Hannibal saying that the Cuban Primeros were decent, but I've also heard from other people that it's not worth it. Other than that, maybe try the CCom Sungrown, Davidoff 4x4, or a 5 Vegas line?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Almost forgot. I'd also highly suggest the CCom Cuban Label (house blend) as a cheap alternative if you're not too sure about the primeros. That one was pretty good.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Almost forgot. I'd also highly suggest the CCom Cuban Label (house blend) as a cheap alternative if you're not too sure about the primeros. That one was pretty good.
    Thank you! its a hard question.... I wasnt sure if anybody here had the will to try those sticks considering there a generic label item. But I might go for some bundles of seconds if i cant find any more opinions on those Primeros.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another angle as well... are you sure everyone would like to have a cigar? Im thinking similar to a wedding where cigars are given out, so hang with me.

There are 2 options. You could lay a cigar at every place setting (im assuming some kind of dinner) or seat and everyone will have a cigar, buy how many of them will actually smoke it or even care that they received one? On the other hand, you could have a humidor/box/ table or whatever full of cigars and say "please be my guest and grab a cigar" Most likely not everyone will grab one and you could maybe cut back from 250-275 sticks to say 200. Maybe you could splurge a little more on just a few less sticks.

Obviously, this depends on the crowd and how many you think would really take and smoke one. Either way, the gesture on your part is the same. However, running short (by a lot) would be bad.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Primeros are OK for what they are. Yard 'gars. The Dominican is a nice mild flavor, and the Costa Rican is a decent (for a yard gar) Maduro, if you give them a month or so in the Humi. ROTT none of them are very good, and none of them are going to turn into anything other than what they are, good smokes for the shop, cutting the grass, something you don't mind dropping.

I liked Wwhang's suggestion, although I'd maybe go with the CCOM Blue Label, or better yet Purple, very mellow.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help guys!

Aj
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your looking for a good cheap cigar try the Fonseca Ariana. Pretty darn good smoke also the CCOM Cuban label is fantastic.