Home Non Cigar Related

Condolences Thread ...

My elderly Aunt passed away Monday night after suffering declining health for a number of years. She was unable to care for herself however my uncle would not put her in a rest home ...he cared for her to the end which was Monday night. I will be a pall bearer for her on Thursday.

We have a lot of threads about a lot of different subjects. This one is dedicated for anyone who has lost someone they would like to mention on the forum be it a relative friend or whomever. -- Gene

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    My condolences, I think this video will be very fitting for this thread. link</a

"Long ashes my friends."

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Krieg:
    My condolences, I think this video will be very fitting for this thread. link

Very fitting Chris ...thanks for sharing ...
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    My thoughts are with you and yours Gene. I too liked the video. Sounds like your uncle is a strong man. Be there for him as I'm sure these times are hard for him.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My condolences Gene. It sounds like your uncle is quite a guy himself. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight Gene.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The thoughts of me and my family go out to you G-man. I'm terribly sorry for your loss and hope your family gets through this tough time.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Much love BOTL... much love.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for your lose.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, Gene.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Sorry to hear that Gene. My thoughts and prayers are with you brother.
    Thanks guys - you are all much appreciated .
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    My condolences to you and your family, and especially your uncle who obviously loved your aunt very much.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Gene,

I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt. It is never easy to lose a loved one. Unfortunately in this instance, I know how you're feeling all too well - I lost the only grandmother I've ever had this past July. Just know that my heart and prayers go out to you and your family my friend.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Gene you are much appreciated as well, and I offer you my heartfelt condolences for the loss of you aunt. We go through our lives losing those who are close, and not so close, but it never seems to get easier. I hope you and yours are handling it as well as can be expected. Take care and be well.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    My condolences as well... In 11 days it will be 2 years since my close friend/roommate/fraternity brother passed away. I still haven't gotten full closure...
    Thanks for the well wishes you guys are the best ! Renny I hope the best for you and I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your close friend , may our prayers soften your burden ...
  • Lost one of my MP brothers a few weeks ago. An ANP turned on him in the sayed abad area. R.I.P PFC BRANDON OWENS
    Archangel32G:
    Lost one of my MP brothers a few weeks ago. An ANP turned on him in the sayed abad area. R.I.P PFC BRANDON OWENS

Very sorry for your loss 'bro and godbless for what your doing ...
    Condolences to the Lara family ...