Home Cigar 101
Options

Winedor / Coolidor fans...

matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen on here that some use a battery operated fan the goes off ats set interval, meaning not running constantly. I have looked and looked and I cannot find the thread that mentions these. Anyone have one and what are they using?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    It's the oust fans...they no longer make them I think. I just use computer fans and a timer
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the oust fans on Amazon but they are $20 a piece. You could get a computer power supply with a couple computer fans and just plug the power supply into a timer.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    avengethis:
    You can buy the oust fans on Amazon but they are $20 a piece. You could get a computer power supply with a couple computer fans and just plug the power supply into a timer.
    Yea I could do that but that means more wiring. I can do but don't care to. Already have to wire up the LED lights on the door. Guess it would not be too bad. Just thought I could go easier with the battery one.

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but then you don't have to keep an eye on batteries running out and not circulating air.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    This is just insurance really. I have a dual zone unit and I have take the middle barrier out and have made it one. There are 2 internal fans and my hygroscopic are fairly steady across three zones. Who knows. I may get a wild hair and jus do it. We will see.