Home Non Cigar Related

California BOTLs...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Everybody OK???

Saw news reports of the earthquake this morning. Don't know where everybody is, but praying all is well.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even notice it this morning. I'm looking it up now and it looks pretty bad. I hope everyone is okay.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything is ok-- went through quite a few in my time down in So. Cal
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epicenter was about 50 miles away from my home and it didn't even wake me up. There were about 80 minor injuries and 3 serious injuries in the American Canyon/ Fairfield area (about halfway between Sacramento and San Francisco). My neighbor lost a bunch of water from his pool and some folks on the east side of Woodland had some things fall off the walls, but other than that all is well here. If I hear anything else from the ARES group, I'll let you all know. Here's a link to a local story covering it.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Woke me up out of a dead sleep in Sac, about 45 miles away from epicenter. Knocked a couple of pictures off the wall, but nothing major. I've got an old house, so I think it moves a bit more than most. Outside of the town of Napa and American Canyon I think most folks are OK. We complain a lot about too much government in CA all the time, but thank God for seismic safety standards.