Home Non Cigar Related

Bowler/derby hats

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Anyone have one? I think that they look cool and was wondering your thoughts before bought one.
Anyone?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a hat guy myself, but bowler hats were just something I couldn't get away with
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bowler? LOL. Might as well wear a beret. I like a hat that blocks the suns rays from my eyes. But that's just me. LOL. They do have a distinctive look. And you'd be unique. Not like the fedora wearers we've seen for the last few years. Is the recent fedora fad over yet? Not a fedora fan. Not a fan of guys who wear their hats indoors either. I've done it myself on occasion but only if my crazy bad unruly hair underneath would have been more of an offence to those around me. LOL

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I normally dont wear hats, but I think one would be cool.
    One God, One Truth
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Baseball hat is about all I wear, currently my AJ one.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im picturing something like this... bowler hat photo: Bowler Hat Oliver-hardy-1-sized.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the kind of hats Eric Ehat wears... They look cool but you need an honest person (wife) to tell you if they work well with your melon shape. If ya get my drift. Unfortunately, hipsters have ruined it for a lot of people. Good luck and when you decide, we need a pic!!
    Thats cool Vance, but I dont wear ties. Lol

Jim, I would defiantly take a pic.
    One God, One Truth
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried on a bowler once. Didn't like the look, but it really depends on the shape of your melon and mug. I love hats, though. My favorite I ever tried on was this top hat I found in Kentucky. It's hand-carved solid wood! Didn't buy it though... it was priced at like $500.00

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Mad Hatter much???? Was it heavy?
    One God, One Truth
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    How about a fez? Fezes are cool.
    ok maybe more like this? clock work orange photo: Restuarant - A Clock Work Orange ahfklafhaogi.jpg

BAM!! (like Emeril)
    One God, One Truth
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Mad Hatter much???? Was it heavy?
    We're all quite mad here. It was pretty heavy, but amazing how it was made. It was one piece of wood.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    ok maybe more like this? clock work orange photo: Restuarant - A Clock Work Orange ahfklafhaogi.jpg
    That's the one!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Google "Lord Bowler" from The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Google "Lord Bowler" from The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

Great show, got the DVD's, the Elvis episode was classic.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Just remember what Biff Tannin had to say bout them hats..... right McFly?

Aj
    Hahaha.
    One God, One Truth
    so did you buy one????

Not in the budget right now. But my birthday is coming up and iv been dropping some hints to the wife.
    One God, One Truth
    okay heres what your looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! photo Photo0519_zpsd93f1b9b.jpg

Frackin cool man.
    One God, One Truth
    roland_7707:
    Frackin cool man.
    Made it my avatar.