Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

And I even got a laugh out of him...

Yesterday I got a **** awesome present in the mail. It was a box filled with 6 very nice looking and smelling sticks, none of which I've tried, all of which are going to be amazing I am sure!

Matkn293, thank you so much!! I am super excited to try them! If you want a cookie bomb, send me your favorite kind via PM.

A little funny backstory...when I met Roman and Jiuun at the Occidental in San Fran, I was hanging with my boy Noah, and had no clue I was in the presence of celebrity. After chatting with them for a few minutes, I told them that I had just started smoking and that my husband didn't like it. Roman suggested I try and get him into it, and then said he'd send a few and see if hubby liked them.

Since then, we've had a few okay conversations about smoking and so when I told him the story of how I met those guys and the whole newsletter thing, he found it very funny- which is an improvement over anger! Maybe I can win him over after all.

I'll have Noah post pictures of them for me because I don't know how to go about doing that yet. And I'd love it if anyone could tell me more about each cigar!

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of awesome was that?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!!
    One God, One Truth
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Jamie that's awesome! And posting pics is pretty easy actually. If you upload the pics to photobucket.com and then click on the share link if you copy the HTML link section and paste it in here it will work for you. If you can post the link we can make it active for you.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you like them all. I don't exactly remember what all I threw In there. They are not off the wall and are easily attainable. All very good sticks IMO. Let them rest for a few days as the travel could have an affect on them. If you don't have a humi start with a Tupperware container and the humidification packet and that will get you through for a while. Thank you for the offer of the cookie bomb, I appreciate it but it is not necessary. Enjoy and welcome.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    photo cigar3.jpg
    photo cigar2.jpg
    photo cigars1.jpg
    UH, those are huge pictures. Sorry!
    That's how they normally are so no worries, and let me be the first to say wow nice bomb as well as you are quite beautiful so thanks for classing up this place for us hahaha! Once again welcome and enjoy the smokes that's a helluva collection there.

Do you have your own humi yet? How are you storing your cigars?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    That's how they normally are so no worries, and let me be the first to say wow nice bomb as well as you are quite beautiful so thanks for classing up this place for us hahaha! Once again welcome and enjoy the smokes that's a helluva collection there.

Do you have your own humi yet? How are you storing your cigars?
    Thanks to Matkn293- he really hooked it up! And thanks for the compliment :)
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    photo cigars1.jpg
    Some good choices there. Starting from Left to right: The olivo O, Avo Maduro, Alec Bradley, Oliva V melanio (not sure if its the maduro, Unbanded danger...Was going to say a viaje supershot, but those don't come with cello...so not sure about that one, and the reckoning...I have a feeling you are traveling down a long slippery slope of cigars...way to go whoever pushed her over the edge...
    These definitely qualify as big girl cigars.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Melanio V is the natural, not Maduro and the unbanded is a Nic 2nd. The unbanded one will be along the lines of the 2 Olivas as it is understood that is the factory that they come from. The Alec Bradley is the Connecticut and is a fantastic mild cigar. I would probably wait a bit to try he reckoning as it is a fuller body in he Oliva family. Try the O and the Melanio first then onto the Reckoning. Was going to send a good variety but looks as though I did not stray much from Oliva. Anywho all great smokes to try.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

If there are any cigars you're aware of that have caught your eye but you don't have yet let me know and I'm sure that Noah and I could come up with something...
    I wouldn't even know! I have no frame of reference for this yet. They all look amazing, and like I said, I haven't tried one I don't like yet! But thank you so much!
    Oh! And I am going to do a Tupperware thingee I guess for a bit. Until I know I can smoke these guys without major beef. Do they make pink humidors? I probably could google that....
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Oh! And I am going to do a Tupperware thingee I guess for a bit. Until I know I can smoke these guys without major beef. Do they make pink humidors? I probably could google that....
    You could always do a pink cooler.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Unicorn:
    I've heard the Behikes are great, along with some sand sharks, tat Franks, and Boris. I want them all!
    Fixed it for you
    Trident:
    Unicorn:
    I've heard the Behikes are great, along with some sand sharks, tat Franks, and Boris. I want them all!
    Fixed it for you
    .... Cute. Well you better believe if I had any of those even one I'd be sending em to ya Roman.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice welcome package, Mark! And the best cigar pictures we've had around here ever... except for DZR's sock posts. ;^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    90+ Irishman:
    Trident:
    Unicorn:
    Fixed it for you
    .... Cute. Well you better believe if I had any of those even one I'd be sending em to ya Roman.
    why me, she is the one asking for them
    Whatever those are. lol

You should've seen the picture I almost posted. I was trying to be creative with laying them out. Instead you got my face.

well now you gotta post it...
    Deleted it. I'll think up something better next time. :)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Whatever those are. lol

You should've seen the picture I almost posted. I was trying to be creative with laying them out. Instead you got my face.

You can find a good example HERE
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Unicorn:

Someone needs to send her a 90 RG so she can post a picture of that one
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    haha nice! these guys here aint so bad eh eh eh eh eh
    jliu:
    haha nice! these guys here aint so bad eh eh eh eh eh
    Now that I know what an RG is ... Yeah, they are still great :)

I am not sure about sock pictures. That seems to be covered already.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an art. Minutes to learn, years to master
    photo 759CAD35-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Mine involved a belly button ring. Maybe next time I'll wear a winter hat. Seems like it's all about the accessories.