Home Non Cigar Related

Scotch Reccomendations...

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
To those who know more than I do... Wanting to buy another bottle of scotch but have no idea which one. I love Balvenie double wood and Macallan 12. I drink Zaya and a wide range of bourbon. I'm looking to stay with the sherry barrel influence and not the massive peat monsters. Ready... Go!

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Redds Apple Ale is da bomb
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    If you like the Sherry flavors you will probably want to try Aberlour. Of their range I like the 18yr & A'bunadh.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had lagavulin and Oban recently and have really enjoyed each.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how expensive you want to go but if you can get your hands on a Glenfiddich19 yr you won't be sorry. It is phenomenal. It's only about 250 a bottle though. Glenlivet 18yr is pretty good as well.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear monkey shoulder is a good blended scotch at a reasonable price point as well.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Rain:
    Redds Apple Ale is da bomb
    Seriously? Because I like it too but can't drink that in front of other guys. I get "the look." So I'm wondering if you're being facetious.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    To those who know more than I do... Wanting to buy another bottle of scotch but have no idea which one. I love Balvenie double wood and Macallan 12. I drink Zaya and a wide range of bourbon. I'm looking to stay with the sherry barrel influence and not the massive peat monsters. Ready... Go!
    Those are both fantastic scotches, Vinny, some of my favs. I can tell you - do not try Talisker or Laphroaigh - both strong/peat bombs. Just off the top of my head, you could go Glenlivit or Glenmorangie, and don't rule out some of the better blended scotches - JW Black, Gold, Blue, etc.; Dimple Pinch; or Cardhu. Good luck and have fun!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm immune to the look...I'm married with two kids, I'm not out to impress haha. Plus I'm lame and drink alone most of the time.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm highly surprised no one has mentioned Cragganmore yet, but if you like Islay's and complex smoky peat then you'd like that. It's my benchmark that I measure by and can normally be found for around $60 a bottle. I also like the Laphroig (sp?) Qauter Cask and the Ardbeg Nambeist (once again spelling?) but those two can get pricey.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."