Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Friendly fire

jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was going to let Tara post this but she's been feeling a bit under the weather lately and I feel that something needs to be said.

Rodger (FirstWarrior) is an amazing artist that does ridiculous things with wood. Tara got to poking around his website and saw a bunch of things that she just fell in love with (She's the artsy type). I contacted Rodger and told him how much we liked his art. A few days later, one of the pieces that Tara kept going on about magically appeared at our doorstep.

We are blown away sir. Absolutely floored. There are not enough words to say thank you. I can tell you that it will be used and cherished for many many years to come. Every time we use it, we'll think about "an old Jarhead". Semper Fi brother.

photo dc32a503-3574-4ec8-8f0c-ae99d399c2a0_zpsbe9804a7.jpg

photo ccbb9598-4d78-4574-8739-98deb217c336_zps901042db.jpg

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's amazing and extremely thoughtful, congrats Jay and Tara and wonderfully done Roger! Gorgeousness art :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! Rodger that's spectacular work!!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I love woodworking and have always wanted to learn to turn.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you and Tara like it Jay. Nice to find good homes for my work.