EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
It kind of looks like am exploding cigar:

What happened?

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    Is that a Gurkha?
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Yeah. That happens sometimes. Were you smoking outside? was it muggy? I've been trying to figure out what causes that to happen. Some people think its just poor bunching of the leaves. I've also heard that it can be caused by a stem inside or predominant vein on the wrapper. Don't really know.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    Yeah. That happens sometimes. Were you smoking outside? was it muggy? I've been trying to figure out what causes that to happen. Some people think its just poor bunching of the leaves. I've also heard that it can be caused by a stem inside or predominant vein on the wrapper. Don't really know.
    Can be a number of reasons, poor quality control etc but the most prominent reason I've come across is either the rH was too high or that the cigars rH was vastly different than the environment the cigar was being smoked in. As an example I've had a number of cigars that did that too me while I was either smoking under a canopy in a rain storm or smoking a cigar while hot tubbing. Just my two cents.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen with a couple MOW seconds. Chalked it up to construction, hence why they were seconds.