Home Ratings & Reviews

601 Blue Box-Pressed Maduro review

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
the 601 Blue Box-Pressed Maduro was rather sweet and had a sweet aroma. The sweetness wasn't a infused sweetness, more of a sugary cream. The smoke was very plentiful and the flavors had hints of vanilla, cocoa, nut, and wood. The cigar kept the flavor throughout the entire cigar, never getting harsh. I would love to get more of these if only I knew what it was.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    phobicsquirrel:
    So I have a cigar that has a large 601 in the middle of a mostly blue and gold label with red all along the banner. Anyway if any of you know what it might be please let me know. I was thinking it was from Don Peppin Garcia, but am not sure. Anyway this box pressed cigar was rather sweet and had a sweet aroma. The sweetness wasn't a infused sweetness, more of a sugary cream. The smoke was very plentiful and the flavors had hints of vanilla, cocoa, nut, and wood. The cigar kept the flavor throughout the entire cigar, never getting harsh. I would love to get more of these if only I knew what it was.

it's the 601 Blue Box-Pressed Maduro and yeah it's a DPG.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help!
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    The 601 Blue is one of my favorite smokes. You nailed it on the description.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    vankleekkw:
    The 601 Blue is one of my favorite smokes. You nailed it on the description.
    I've got three of the Green 601 Oscuros resting. I've been meaning to pick up some of the Blues - I love me some box pressed goodness! Thanks for the review.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    With the 601 maduro, are there new labels with a red bar along the bottom of the band? The one I have doesn't have a red bar. Are these different blends?

Cigar.com has them listed with the red bar and cigarsinternational has them without. Por que?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico