Home Cigar 101

Smoke rings

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Can you blow one? Been trying? But cant figure it out. Lol
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    It's all in the jaw...it does take practice but if you can snap your jaw that's the easiest way
    Money can't buy taste
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I think it was Lauren Bacall who said " you do know how to whistle don't you Steve"? " you just put your lips together and blow"..........
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I can't get the hang of it. Don't try much either. Besides, I look goofy enough as it is. Looks kinda like an impression of a fish out of water gasping for air. (Or is he gasping for water? Well, any way you look at it, he's in trouble.)
    LOL hahaha Bob you will not look as goofy when the smoke ring comes out everyone will be looking at that but until that I hear you :)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three sometimes four from one puff, just takes a little practice.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just googled "how to blow smoke rings" on youtube. Seems like the stoners are experts at it. LOL It's like a circus juggling act. WOW!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been blowing em for a few years now... It's in the jaw as said earlier.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Takes a lot of practice but once you get the hang of it....it's fun. The easiest way for me is draw a good amount of smoke....let it sit in your mouth for a good 10 seconds ( this way the smoke gets a bit heavier with your own humid mouth) and open your mouth as if you were trying to make a perfect circle with you lips.....then put the tip of your tongue behind your bottom teeth and push some of the smoke out with the middle portion of your tongue. This will take practice to get the right amount of "push" and stroke to form the ring. After you get the hang of it then you can blow one big ring and then smaller rings inside of it...lotta fun.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Gonna be like Gandalf one day lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes. Almost any amount of wind or air flow like an ac can make it impossible. So make sure to practice where the air is very still.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing it for years and did not realize it until someone pointed it out.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Been doing it for years and did not realize it until someone pointed it out.
    hahaha same it's like second nature...same with the retro hale it's funny how you can't really explain it as it just happens
    Money can't buy taste
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I do it all the time, though mine are done differently. I use a quick and forceful puff of air, from the lungs not the mouth. Heck, I can't really explain it...but it works.
    LOL ask Lauren Bacall to show you, she showed me :)