Home Cigar 101

Sick Gars

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
We have yard gars, I'm now making a category called sick gars.About a month ago, WB sent me some RP Cargos that he did not care for. I threw em in my cooler....well I'm not sure why, probably because it was pretty empty and I did not want to look at them in my humi. Anywho, there they sat until this weekend. First day of a four day, and of course I'm sick. After about a week of no smoking, I said eff it, I want a cigar and I don't care how bad it tastes right now. Then I remember these Cargos sitting in my cooler. Grabbed one and smoked it, and it tastes just as bad as I remember it did when I was not sick. However, the silver lining is...I don't feel guilty about smoking it like I would a premipremiprem.Just wanted to share. XOXO

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Not a Rocky Patel fan? Only had a Decade and am actually smoking a Vintage 1990 as I type this on my phone. I rather like the two I have had so far and can't wait to try the Decade Limitada I was bombed by Sleevplz. In fact the Limitada was on my "want the most" list when he sent it cause I enjoyed the Decade so much
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RP Cargo tastes like what I imagine the cigar Eastwood is smoking in GB&U tastes like.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    5V classic worked for me last night with allergies. I could taste the flavors through the crud. I will say, there was slight damage to this cigar which is another reason I chose it as a sick stick.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Found out today that one of my yard gars
    Cuban Honey's,
    works great as a sick gar also, (have had a nasty chest cold for over two weeks now)
    wanted to have to have a cigar with the wife today since I haven't had one for a while because of the horrible coughing from the chest cold, and figured since I was drinking hot herbal tea with honey mixed in why not try one of my cheap Cuban Honey yard work time cigars, well it was a great compliment to my tea, and I don't feel bad for wasting a cheap stick that I actually like now and then anyway
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here in central TX allergies are just a part of life. I have found that when my sinus are throwed off the less complex smokes (one shot wonders) are more enjoyable, some of my go to are Perdomo2, La Pearla, AJF Fresh rolled & seconds RP Vintage series, Etc.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron Horse (with as much age as possible). I like them a lot considering the low investment. Plus one thing I think would be to your advantage if you're sick is that the aftertaste or "morning breath" is not nearly as strong as some other budget cigars can be.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Not a Rocky Patel fan? Only had a Decade and am actually smoking a Vintage 1990 as I type this on my phone. I rather like the two I have had so far and can't wait to try the Decade Limitada I was bombed by Sleevplz. In fact the Limitada was on my "want the most" list when he sent it cause I enjoyed the Decade so much
    RP has gone much the way that Gurkha did having more lines than almost anyone. Gurkha had over 150 lines at one point and I'm sure RP is over 59. So my point in saying that is I struggle with their quality control and there's a lot of crap lines too. But their original blends before they went crazy are really solid. The Decade is pretty good and I really enjoy their 1990 and 1992 vintages. In fact when I first started smoking cigars with Pops and Puh-Bah (Grandfather) I smoked out of his humi and he always had those RP Vintage 1990 and 1992's and I loved em. So yeah my point is they do have done pretty good lines but with so many lines out there is a lot of crap too.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."