Home Cigar 101

COHIBA Red Dot GIGANTE

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got 2 tubos yesterday, courtesy of Retircs 1, and took one out to look at it, having never seen one before (I don't know why, but I started thinking about log cabins). It seems to me that such a big cigar would take a longer resting period, is that correct?

Let me explain for clarity. I smoke very few maduros and even fewer black as night cigars. The largest cigar I ever smoke is a Cinco Vegas Gold Torpedo, and only lately, I use to trade them off or flat rate them.

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    DDub, I missed you so I made you something.image
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:

excuse me for **** in your space.
    Rain:
    DDub, I missed you so I made you something.image

Please be so kind and point me to it. I am having a serious reading problem and even typing this takes a long time. You use to be so good at finding posts......
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Oh yeah. I forgot how you supported virulent segregation of posts into their rightful places. Drew the segregationist.
    I like it because it makes searching easier. I also think in R&R, TP&B and 101 people should make their titles something that someone would search for. Example here. If someone comes to CCom, goes in to 101 and searches for "big cigar rest", what comes up is "How important is “resting” a cigar after shipment or after freezing?"
    Hey JD, If it were me, I'd let them rest longer. Maybe an extra week but I don't think it would be a big deal if you didn't. And what drew is trying to say is that he is certain that you should have posted this question in the cigar 101 section rather than here in the General Discussion. But, I see you have already addressed his concern.
    I think Dubs made clear what he was trying to say...
    Bob Luken:
    Hey JD, If it were me, I'd let them rest longer. Maybe an extra week but I don't think it would be a big deal if you didn't.
    Translation - He has no idea.
    Yep, I have no clue. But, more cigar, more rest. Why not.
    Is anyone arguing AGAINST using the proper sections? You know...reviews in R&R, trade in TPB etc? I hope not. If so, you're that guy how takes 12 items in the 10 item express lane at the store...and there is a special place in Hell for you.image
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    Hey JD, If it were me, I'd let them rest longer. Maybe an extra week but I don't think it would be a big deal if you didn't.
    Actually I knew what he meant only because I'd seen that "101" reply before. It probably wasn't clear to JD.
    Rain:
    Is anyone arguing AGAINST using the proper sections? You know...reviews in R&R, trade in TPB etc? I hope not. If so, you're that guy how takes 12 items in the 10 item express lane at the store...and there is a special place in Hell for you.image
    Hey Randy! I love you. And, this ain't no big deal. I'm not arguing against anything. I'm FOR putting questions where they go. I'm against posting "101" as a reply to a question that's not exactly in the right place. Why post "101" and nothing else? Is that funny? I kinda think so. Is it funny because it's kind of a d!ck move? A slight one I'll admit but, be honest. Isn't that why it's funny? But not everybody is gonna "get it" and worse they might be a bit insulted. (Drew. I'm just shooting it straight here. Love you too. Don't mean to start anything. Just my bullshit. I'm not necessarily right. Just saying how I feel. Nothing serious. K?)
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    Actually I knew what he meant only because I'd seen that "101" reply before. It probably wasn't clear to JD.

Kind of what I figured but insight on that particular cigar would be nice. There is none when I searched for it before my original post. Wonder if I will be the first to smoke one.....

Do you like MOWs, got this on SPRINT months ago....don't know why.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curios how big is gigante??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:

6X60 it says....but its either my meds or its bigger.
    Bob Luken:
    Hey Randy! I love you.
    xoxo
    MODS

Could you move this to R and R before someone has a nervous breakdown?
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    Hey Randy! I love you.
    xoxo
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    twistedstem:

I regret typing this but I will.that's a mouthful!! Sounds like good 2 hour smoke.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

jd50ae:
    MODS

R & R My ass! 101 I say! Wanna fight about it?
    I have officially asked for this thread to be moved to Cigar 101. And tonight I will burn white sage and ask forgiveness, and then I will flail myself with a chain while I smoke a good cigar and drink some Pyrat Rum..
    Bob Luken:
    jd50ae:
    MODS

R & R My ass! 101 I say! Wanna fight about it?

That was a miss-step carried from an incorrect post. I asked for the correct move (Cigar 101) when I posted to the mods. My sincere apologies ole boy.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I have officially asked for this thread to be moved to Cigar 101. And tonight I will burn white sage and ask forgiveness, and then I will flail myself with a chain while I smoke a good cigar and drink some Pyrat Rum..
    Forgiven. For aging... yes larger cigars need more time. More tobacco to marry together. Just for resting and getting em to the rh you like, I doubt any different.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    twistedstem:
    jd50ae:
    twistedstem:

I regret typing this but I will.that's a mouthful!! Sounds like good 2 hour smoke.

I am more worried about keeping it lit with out burning down the house :)
    Gray4lines:
    jd50ae:
    Forgiven. For aging... yes larger cigars need more time. More tobacco to marry together. Just for resting and getting em to the rh you like, I doubt any different.

Thanks Grey.

Boy, Luken sure is touchy.
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:
    jd50ae:

Thanks Grey.

Well if anybody's toes are sore from me stepping on them, I regret the offense. Sometimes I say what I mean but it comes out more harsh than intended. I apologize. I'd rather not offend.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    At this point, move it to NCR.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:
    jd50ae:

Thanks Grey.

Well if anybody's toes are sore from me stepping on them, I regret the offense. Sometimes I say what I mean but it comes out more harsh than intended. I apologize. I'd rather not offend.

It was a joke Bob. Domn, Now I have to find enough to send out a bomb :)
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:
    jd50ae:

Thanks Grey.

It was a joke Bob. Domn, Now I have to find enough to send out a bomb :)
    I KNOW you were joking. I was concerned about every OTHER toe represented here in this thread. Not yours. LOL And another thing, if you bomb me again, I swear I'm gonna,.............Well, I don't know yet but you better believe I'll think of something. As Otter said in Animal House "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!" So, don't make me get futile and stupid on your ass!