Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Machitos

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
FireRob sent me a tin of 8 and I smoked one right away. Kind of harsh and could not catch a flavor. Smoked another one today after some rest and the improvement is very noticeable. It has simmered down and there is a good flavor on the exhale. I think I will remove the cello and return them to the humidor for at least 2 weeks before I have another.....Thanks young man.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these turn harsh pretty easily too. Humidor time, out of the tin helps. I swear they are not as good if stored in the tin and not in cedar.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I think these turn harsh pretty easily too. Humidor time, out of the tin helps. I swear they are not as good if stored in the tin and not in cedar.

Yep Yep...the first was straight from the tin and the 2nd was from the humidor. And that is when it improved a lot). Actually looking forward to smoking one sans cello from the humidor there was so much improvement on the 2nd. This little cigar could end up being my tweener or late at night choice when I am having trouble sleeping.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Your very welcome and really hope they continue to improve for you. I personally haven't even tried one yet but I will be sure to remove them from the tin for a while before I do. I was buying up as many of these as I could and paid any where from a low of $5 to as high as $9 a tin and picked up around 20 tins +or-. I think my source has dried up on supply but I guess I don't need anymore. Passed a few of these around the forum but still have several left.

Let me know if two more weeks in the humi helps. I don't want to keep sending them out if their not any good.
    Oh by the way, their suposed to be a mini version of the Corojo. Machito is the name of the vitola size.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Your very welcome and really hope they continue to improve for you. I personally haven't even tried one yet but I will be sure to remove them from the tin for a while before I do. I was buying up as many of these as I could and paid any where from a low of $5 to as high as $9 a tin and picked up around 20 tins +or-. I think my source has dried up on supply but I guess I don't need anymore. Passed a few of these around the forum but still have several left.

Let me know if two more weeks in the humi helps. I don't want to keep sending them out if their not any good.
    I've had two from the tin you sent me and let me tell you, they were fantastic little smokes! Thoroughly enjoyed them - thank you! I keep the tin open in my coolador. Keep sending them out! :)
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Got a tin of these too but haven't had a chance to try them yet. I was actually looking at these and then Rob sent a tin with all the other Camacho goodness he sent me. Thanks again bro.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Oh by the way, their suposed to be a mini version of the Corojo. Machito is the name of the vitola size.
    You want to trade for a tin? I love the old Corojo and wouldnt mind trying these.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Ok they will still be in several of my bombs, good to know.
    avengethis:
    FireRob:
    You want to trade for a tin? I love the old Corojo and wouldnt mind trying these.
    Nope, I do not want to trade with you. Key word being "trade". You have been smack talking for a few weeks and I think it's time I found your addy and smack you back. No need to send me anything. How bout you make this easy on me and there for on you and send me your address
    FireRob:
    avengethis:
    FireRob:
    Nope, I do not want to trade with you. Key word being "trade". You have been smack talking for a few weeks and I think it's time I found your addy and smack you back. No need to send me anything. How bout you make this easy on me and there for on you and send me your address
    Uhhh I forgot my address. I think somebody around here might have it ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    avengethis:
    FireRob:
    avengethis:
    FireRob:
    You sir are cruisen for a bruisen. Don't say I didn't warn you. If we call this a "trade" will you just send the addy? F it, never mind, deal off, no trade, someone will throw you under that 18 wheeler flying down the road.
    FireRob:
    avengethis:
    FireRob:
    avengethis:
    FireRob:
    You sir are cruisen for a bruisen. Don't say I didn't warn you. If we call this a "trade" will you just send the addy? F it, never mind, deal off, no trade, someone will throw you under that 18 wheeler flying down the road.
    Where in fort Worth are you? My wife lived there for a couple years at the end of high school.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I actually now live in a rural county west of Fort Worth near a city called Azle and I work on the North side of Fort Worth. From my house it's 45 minutes to down town and also to where I work.
    Just went up the road for an ear doctor appt and these little cigars are great for driving. Had one in both directions and the 2 weeks in the humidor got rid of all the harshness, they stayed lit and all in all a nice little tweener. Thanks again FireRob.
    So glad to hear this and you are so welcome!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Most......well.....many people do not know how to smoke these "properly".
    It isn't a typical cigar obviously.
    Puff LIGHTLY, you'll still be amazed how much smoke comes out.
    Take a good break, before puffing again. It takes a bit of practice to keep it cool, yet lit. But once you get it figured out, it's a fantastic little smoke.

The downside is if you do overheat it, like many tend to do....................it's pretty much done, turns harsh and borderline nasty, and pretty much can't be saved.
    Your absolutely correct. It took 2 to learn that and the return trip and second one was much better.