Home Ratings & Reviews

5V Limitada TENTH - Looked but cant find reviews here

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Anyone have one or have an opinion? I looked for reviews here and couldnt find this years stick.

Thanks, Jim

Comments

• AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    I smoked it a few weeks ago and liked it. I actually planned on smoking another one tonight since they have rested in my humi for a month already, and I intended on doing an official review. If no one gets back to you on this you can check back around 10PM EST today.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
    Hello. I smoked the cigar but I didn't think things would run so late so now I dont have time to write the details of the review right now. I will complete it tomorrow morning and post pictures. I scored the experience an 88, and it consisted of Appearance, Lighting and Burning qualities, Construction, and Taste.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I smoked one from Shizz about a week ago. Great presentation, average flavor...would smoke another one, but would not but at MSRP.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I got a fiver on sale and have smoked two of them and really like them. I'm not a big 5V fan, but this one they got really right.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    AshMe:
    Hello. I smoked the cigar but I didn't think things would run so late so now I dont have time to write the details of the review right now. I will complete it tomorrow morning and post pictures. I scored the experience an 88, and it consisted of Appearance, Lighting and Burning qualities, Construction, and Taste.
    Thanks.... looking forward to your thoughts.
    Hello. Here is my review. Let me know if you have any questions. image image image image
    Super detailed review. Love your score sheet never saw that before.

Overall, how would you reat this vs say an Undercrown or AVO or anything you like as well or better?

Thanks, BR Jim
    I have not experienced an AVO or Undercrown yet. I have been at this (cigars) for just under 3 months.

I will say, however, that while some cigars are better than others, it doesn't hurt to experience as much of the spectrum as you can. If you only focus on what other people like, you'll cut yourself short of discovering what YOU like.

Now, getting back to the 5V. While some people might say that they prefer an AVO or Undercrown to a 5V, the 5V Limitada TENTH is still a solid smoking experience that should not be missed. I can send you one if you like. Just PM me your address.
    Thanks.... I ordered and have A 5 pack on the way. I will let you know what I think. I like to try new things. I am into samplers and enjoy all things. Very few cigars I dislike.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked one about a week ago, bought a box when they came out. Anguished a month over whether to leave them tubed or not,,, they're naked and lovely. Resting with the 2012's and 2013's. Couldn't wait and had to smoke one, I will say
    Unicorn:
    Tasted **** good.

Try another in a few months.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to smoke a Limitada that I liked, but I know I smoked them too soon. The same sort of experience with the Miami. My Miamis are much older now and they have improved, a lot. I got a Limitada from ddubridge and it will age before I try again.
    Got mine in the mail but they look so purty that I hate to open them. I do need to bust open the glass tubes and let them breathe and age a bit but It is tempting to just light one up. The seem like they would make nice gifts with the fancy presentation and all.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    Got mine in the mail but they look so purty that I hate to open them. I do need to bust open the glass tubes and let them breathe and age a bit but It is tempting to just light one up. The seem like they would make nice gifts with the fancy presentation and all.
    For what it's worth I don't believe that it's necessary to open them to let them mature. I will look into it and check some sources but I do b live that they will mature much the same as if they were not inside said tubo. Might be complete washed up and thinking some that isn't accurate but I could swear that it was kinda like an old wives tale that they won't mature unless they are out of the tubo.....
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    jadelt:
    For what it's worth I don't believe that it's necessary to open them to let them mature. I will look into it and check some sources but I do b live that they will mature much the same as if they were not inside said tubo. Might be complete washed up and thinking some that isn't accurate but I could swear that it was kinda like an old wives tale that they won't mature unless they are out of the tubo.....

Still have 4 tubed but wanted to expose them to the cedar and mingle, really think they will be good in a year or so. Supposedly you can leave them in the tubes and they will maintain humidity but I still put them in the humi, corks do breathe right? Maker's Mark says that theirs are sealed tight but couldn't find much on the cork seal. They should be just fine in the tube and safer too maybe, but they should be socialized somewhat, lol.