Home Cigar 101

Does the liga privada #9 need...

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Does this cigar need rest in the humi or is it ready to smoke immediately?

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ready to smoke------just make sure you do it in an open area.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to get to the rh you like. Ligas are aged for a long time at the factory, until JD says they are ready. As for smoking in the open, I disagree! Hotbox it. Lol! Serious smoke output.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Smoke within 9-12 months. After that, it loses the 'pop' from the wrapper and just has muddy coffee and earthy notes. That reminds me that I have one that I need to smoke soon.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Smoke within 9-12 months. After that, it loses the 'pop' from the wrapper and just has muddy coffee and earthy notes. That reminds me that I have one that I need to smoke soon.
    Didn't know this. I'll have to keep an eye on mine and make sure I smoke them all before they hit the year mark. Thanks for the info!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    allsmokedup:
    Didn't know this. I'll have to keep an eye on mine and make sure I smoke them all before they hit the year mark. Thanks for the info!

All LPs imo. I smoked an OR T52 few months ago and it tasted like diet water.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I concur on this as most cigars need to settle in before smoking. If you were to buy it from a B&M then it's ok to smoke it as it's been in a stable environment but if you order them they will have been in transit where they have been exposed to different temps and RH....so I rest them for at the very least 30 days.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    allsmokedup:
    Dang... I have a couple that have a lot more time than that on them. Maybe I'll get around to them one of these days.