Home Ratings & Reviews

No More Diesels one after another.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have smoked one a day for 3 days and they just hit too hard. Sweats and the whole 9 yards (that was a pretty good movie by the way). WOW, how do you guys that like them do it? Too much for me but I will put them in a flat rate to some poor unsuspecting soul. They are not a bad cigar but, at least to me, they pack a real wallop.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Diesels are good, Diesel Unlimited is one of the best cigars I've ever had.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've only tired Hair of the Dog and I thought it was good. Maybe it's not an everyday cigar.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need age. I put them away for at least 6 months. The unholy cocktail is a phenomenal smoke with age in my opinion. Right of the truck, too much for me
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them. Bought a box of Delirium's a little while back and a couple 5 and 10 packs of unlimited since. Always a good smoke...

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    I like them. Bought a box of Delirium's a little while back and a couple 5 and 10 packs of unlimited since. Always a good smoke...

I had a box of those Delirums as well, I liked them after some age... they mellowed out much better.

Aj
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some UHC from Jan 2012, these are amazingly smooth still a full bodied smoke but very smoooooth.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited Maduro is one for occasionally. Every day would do you in. Even twice a week is a bit much for that one. For me, anyways.
    But the Hair of the Dog, despite it's bold name, is one I could smoke twice a week with no problem at all.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Have a box of the Unholy Cocktails and then got a tin of the Coronas too. Don't smoke them that often but they are good and since everyone says they age so well I figured could let them get some age on them too.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I used to love the hell out of the UHC. I haven't had one in about 2 years. I did smoke a couple other Diesels lately and was unimpressed. Hair of the Dog and Delirium. Not my flavor profile anymore. I guess I need to try another UHC and see if I still love them. That's pretty much all my father in law smokes these days.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    The Diesel Shorty
    (is that just a size name for one of the Unholy Cocktails ??)
    Is one of my favorite sticks, and ya, I could smoke that one daily
    I've found that I like the med-full/FULL (emphasis on Full) cigars, even broke the wife of her flavored cigars with "Full" cigars, she pretty much only smokes med-full/full standard cigars now, with only a Tatiania Mocha every now and then
    Most (though not quite all) light/light-med/med cigars are just not all that worth smoking to me. The one main exception is the cognac sticks, I do love one of those in the mornings
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, after I read all the reply's I think the rest will go into "The Box" for awhile and I think part of my problem was the fact that ddubridge does not know what a small cigar is. The ones I smoked were the size of a tree.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have the Gordo sized Hair of the Dog and they are pretty powerful when you get to the end. I still enjoy them, though.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    JD50ea, I would love to drive a Diesel but I am to short to reach the peddle . LOL a Tree huh? wow that is as big as a ....... Diesel :)