Home General Discussion

Burn Times

Do you find you smoke a cigar about average? Personally, I find myself smoking a bit longer than others. I usually take about an hour and twenty minutes on a robusto sized cigar, with other cigars taking accordingly long. Doesn't really both me just curious if any others find themselves taking longer than others to smoke the same cigar.

Comments

• For me a robusto will burn for about 45-60min & 1hr & 30min for a torpedo sized cigar
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    If I'm by myself smoking, which I usually am, I smoke fast. Maybe 1 hour for a toro.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    If I'm by myself smoking, which I usually am, I smoke fast. Maybe 1 hour for a toro.
    wow, thats fast 1.5 or longer for me
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    Same here. By myself I roll through a cigar. I can go through a toro or torpedo in 45 minutes. If anyone else is around you can double that time.

It also depends on if I'm reading. Goes slower then too.
  • I have never really timed myself but I think I'm a fairly slow smoker, taking an hour at least for a robusto. I'm always reading while smoking so that may have some effect.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Honestly... the speed at which I smoke is the speed at which the cigar burns and tastes. Many of the cigars ALL burn different.
    Some cigars actually do okay and taste well when you let them burnout a little and then you puff a few times to get them back up to speed
    Others you have to suck on it all the time to keep the thing going (yeah, I know how that sounds)... I always take my time and let the cigar dictate my time
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    It takes me about 45 minutes for a robusto and an hour max for a toro or torpedo.
  • if its a sunny hot day I will nurse a toro/torp for at least 2 hours. A robusto usually takes me at least 1.5 hours.
    If its not so nice cold/raining/windy take about 20-30 mins of each as i end up getting sick of the weather and tossing the cigar sooner than I usually would
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find myself going 1 to 1/2 hours. Most of what I have is Robusto or Torpedo. Bigger sticks are 1 1/2 hours for sure.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    A robusto runs 50 minutes or so, though like Lassy said, it varies by cigar.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    It varies, of course, but I'll typically take over an hour for a robusto. And over 1.5 hours for a toro/torpedo. I'm a slow smoker - typically reading when smoking.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Usually a little over an hour for a robusto ...hour and a half or more for a torpedo or toro
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Usually right about or at times a little over an hour and a half for a robusto. Toro or Torpedo take right around 2 hours, and any churchill that that is 50-52 ga. usually takes 2+.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Robusto usually lasts me a little over an hour. Toros can last me up to 2 hours.
  • DeputyDeputy Posts: 13
    I can usually get through a Robusto in 30-40 minutes, a Torp or Toro in about an hour and a half.

I smoke the smaller sticks faster
  • The cigar and the atmosphere dictate the time. I usually smoke torpedoes in 75-90 minutes.