Home Cigar 101

Cigar Temperature and Humidity

Hi

I just moved to China and took all my cigars with me. The weather here is humid and hot and I can't buy a wine cooler at the time or keep the AC on all day. So, I put the cigars on the fridge at the lowest cooling setting. The cigars are keeping at about 68-71% humidity, however, the temperature is at about 55-57 degrees. I know humidity is at a good range, however, I do not know if that temperature level will damage my cigars. I would really appreciate any advice or comments. Thanks and keep on smoking.

-Esteban

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    that temp is fine.
    just watch the humidity. fridges have a way of sucking humidity out of the air.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    kuzi16:
    that temp is fine.
    just watch the humidity. fridges have a way of sucking humidity out of the air.
    Exactly and I'd check everyday if mine were in a fridge. You can buy a cooler and keep your sanity knowing that you won't have to worry about temp/RH. Put a block of blue ice and a pound of kitty litter and you'll be perfect...blue ice under the lid duct tapes and a pound of KL anywhere inside where it won't spill over.