Home Ratings & Reviews

Purple Band La Perla Habana Morado

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is the first Purple Black Pearl I have smoked. There have been a number of other Black Pearl colors that have resided in my humidor but this is the first Morado and I got a box of them on special from CCom, $55 with shipping.

Now I always smoke one from a new box or mazo 2 days after I get them and this one is a nice surprise. Can't wait for some age on them.

Easy light, easy draw and it holds the ash with plenty of smoke. Mild to medium with a full and flavorful puff, not the least bit over powering and no harshness at all, but very satisfying.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good move, JD. The Morado has a Cameroon wrapper. Those ARE tasty little buggers..... ??
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very nice cigar. Not the best cigar out there but, BUT, And this is a BIG huge BUT! I say it's one of THE best VALUES that I've found in a cigar. Thanks ccom for making these available at big discounts on the sprint sale and weekend blitz and any other deals you can think of. Keep 'em coming.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    It's a very nice cigar. Not the best cigar out there but, BUT, And this is a BIG huge BUT! I say it's one of THE best VALUES that I've found in a cigar. Thanks ccom for making these available at big discounts on the sprint sale and weekend blitz and any other deals you can think of. Keep 'em coming.

Your reply is dead on, and as usual to the point, and succinct. It is most gratifying to read a reply that does not visit childish gibberish and shows such a grasp of the subject at hand. I nominate you for post of the month.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well, my response can't possibly match the succintness of Bob's but I agree wholeheartedly that the Morados are really nice medium-strength cigars and one of the best values for their price. It's not easy to find really good Cameroon wrapper stogies for $2-$3 a pop but Morados are one of them. And they do frequently go on sale on online sites and bargains can often be found on certain auction sites.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two both like the Morados............ When's the herf? :)
    Bob Luken:
    You two both like the Morados............ When's the herf? :)
    Hee hee. When the discussion ain't about politics, I agree with him on most things. :)
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite LPH. I coulld offer to moderate the herf, ...but, well, we'll just all wear flak jackets and take long breaks for cigars and brandy.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    My favorite LPH. I coulld offer to moderate the herf, ...but, well, we'll just all wear flak jackets and take long breaks for cigars and brandy.
    I'd take you up on that, Amos, but I'd end up losing because I don't own a gun or a flak jacket--yet. :)