Home General Discussion

Famous art and cigars

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Just noticed that my favorite piece of art has a cigar mentioning in it :) Nighthawks by Edward Hopper. It's on the left side of the diners sign. :) do you have any favorite art tht features something cigar related?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the day light version too.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I love both versions. I prefer the night time version more. but I would hang either of them on my wall. :)
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is amazing how such a simple painting captured the minds of so many people.

I still prefer the Elvis velvet and poker playing dogs :)
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    This was 2 years ago and I am happy to say that my basement is almost finished and this will go in my smoking room downstairs! So excited, and thank you again Greg. For you new guys, feel free to go back and read the Christmas thread. They are really cool!
    mmccartneydc:
    Ok folks I must warn you. If you continue to read further then you will experience an extreme amount of envy/jealousy/****/etc. This is what my Secret Santa hit me with.

All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU Secret Santa. This is one of those gifts that is so far over the top that I am simply speechless. The picture, the ashtray, the humidor, and the sticks were all outta this world! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much!
    Very awesome!!! :)
    jd50ae:

Both are great pieces! lol
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:

I have a dogs playing poker print I completely forgot about. Time to go hang a picture...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    This was 2 years ago and I am happy to say that my basement is almost finished and this will go in my smoking room downstairs! So excited, and thank you again Greg. For you new guys, feel free to go back and read the Christmas thread. They are really cool!
    mmccartneydc:
    Ok folks I must warn you. If you continue to read further then you will experience an extreme amount of envy/jealousy/****/etc. This is what my Secret Santa hit me with.

All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU Secret Santa. This is one of those gifts that is so far over the top that I am simply speechless. The picture, the ashtray, the humidor, and the sticks were all outta this world! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much!
    Awesome!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    What makes it even cooler, is that he sent those before CAO cancelled the Soprano line and Before James Gandolfini died. It was an EPIC Christmas to say the least!