Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron not for me

I tried to smoke another Padron 64 maduro. But I just cant handle the intensity of it. Much like the oliva master blend 3. It just tastes too strong. Not nic or spice. Not sure how to explain it. Almost harsh.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    christian1971:
    I tried to smoke another Padron 64 maduro. But I just cant handle the intensity of it. Much like the oliva master blend 3. It just tastes too strong. Not nic or spice. Not sure how to explain it. Almost harsh.
    dont feel bad.
    we can be outcasts together.

i have never had a Padron that i liked.
    had em aged, had em young. Maduro, Natural, all kinds of sizes. they are all super boring and out of balance. the spice lingers too long for the intensity of the cigar.

not my blending style at all. i dont understand why they are so popular.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I'm not a Padron fan either, their not to strong or harsh for me, but of the seven now that I have tried, (1=26, 3=64's, & 3 standards) they all taste like earthy (dirt) moldy (not wet moldy - but a flavor like the smell of mold) peat-mos from start to finish, they were all from different places/people/times, even sat on two of them for several months in my cooler with the rest of my cigars that are fine, I just chalk them up to not my taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Mods, please delete ;)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    I'm not a Padron fan either, their not to strong or harsh for me, but of the seven now that I have tried, (1=26, 3=64's, & 3 standards) they all taste like earthy (dirt) moldy (not wet moldy - but a flavor like the smell of mold) peat-mos from start to finish, they were all from different places/people/times, even sat on two of them for several months in my cooler with the rest of my cigars that are fine, I just chalk them up to not my taste
    see I tend to like the earthy peaty taste hence my love for scotch! I will agree they are not for everyone and neither is scotch lol but I'll take all the padrons you people don't want!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    honorknight7:
    see I tend to like the earthy peaty taste hence my love for scotch! I will agree they are not for everyone and neither is scotch lol but I'll take all the padrons you people don't want!!
    I like them but I do struggle with the value in some of the Anniversary Family Reserve pricing. I like a good 2000, 3000 and their little tin smokes are pretty darn good too.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have any left? I am sure we can work out a trade
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I am sending some to a brother. I do have a 5 pack of principe left. I am looking primarily for either v melanios or amazon basins.