Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Really? The video did "prove" we have phone menus in Arabic, but that would be assumed given the fact that we have the largest Arab population outside of the Middle East. Should I post a video about the white Christians that abuse the welfare system here? Guarantee their number dwarfs the Muslims.....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This video only proved that Michigan has multiple language options. America also needs to have multiple language options because we do not have an official language; we use English as our standard language.

I also don't think that it is possible to claim multiple women as wives for welfare. Polygamy is illegal in all 50 states. It just doesn't seem reasonable to believe that the US government would allow people to collect money for an illegal practice. It does seem legal in Canada though; of which I'm also a citizen.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Hey I am Polish how come there isnt a Polish option?

You can believe whatever you like (right or wrong) That is the beauty of USA

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/05/how-polygamy-affects-your-wallet.html

"More than 65 percent of the people (polygamists) are on welfare ... compared with 6 percent of the people of the general population," Shurtleff said. "
    It's just that you're posting a video as fact. I guess, to me at least, it wouldn't seem reasonable to claim multiple wives to the government when it is a crime. Just because someone made a video about something doesn't make it a reliable source of information. I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to your thoughts on video that you posted.
    It's an interesting CNN report, but it doesn't verify what the video is saying. There should be rules against government support going to women who choose to have a large number of children they cannot support and they should go after the father to force support before any money is given for the children's welfare.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    "More than 65 percent of the people (polygamists) are on welfare ... compared with 6 percent of the people of the general population," Shurtleff said. "
    Yeah, that statement isn't remotely true. The real welfare number for the entire country is in the 20-30% range, depending on how it is measured. Again, considering the number of polygamists in America, estimated around 50,000, I don't know why we would be focused on the 30,000 of them on welfare as opposed to the 100 million others. I can only imagine how small the Muslim polygamy problem is. On an unrelated/related note jadelt, the big Polish population in Michigan was centered in Hamtramck. It was so significant, that Pope John Paul II visited there on one of his few trips to the US (he was Polish). Today, Hamtramck is a very different place. The Polish heritage is very visible with the store signs and whatnot, but the Arab population is very large there now complete with a mosque. I happened to be right near the mosque when the call to prayer went out once. It is insane how everyone just flocks there out of nowhere. Very different than anything I had seen before.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    There should be rules against government support going to women who choose to have a large number of children they cannot support and they should go after the father to force support before any money is given for the children's welfare.
    You can't do that you, heartless teabagger. Why, that would undercut the very foundation of the Democratic Party. Throw more money at it. That's the solution. Borrow and breed, borrow and breed. That's the ticket.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A serious question to everyone who found fault with the OP. And I am not trying to start trouble of any kind. It is a very real question and I am trying to understand the reply's.

Do you object to the post because you don't believe it or do you just have an objection to the speaker?

I know he has an English accent, but the English have a lot of experience with welfare problems concerning immigrants, especially in the last 10 years or so.

Please, no trouble makers. I am seriously trying to get hold of the mind set among Americans.