Home Cigar 101
Options

Padron 1964 maduro or Liga Privada #9

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Which would you choose and why?

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I've had both (thanks to the kind bombers around here).

Pushing aside scarceness of supply and hype, I really loved the only Padron 1964 I ever hard.

I was also given two T9s by kind people. The first one tasted like tal wrapped in fireplace ashes. The second one tasted like bark from a tree that had been scorched by lightning. For me, they were the most overrated cigars I've ever smoked. The few Undercrowns I've had are much, much, better although to me they're nothing special.

And if it looks like I'm being overly Padron biased, I did smoke an Opus X another kind person here gave me. It was my birthday smoke. It was quite pleasant, but it didn't deliver the life-changing experience I thought a $20 cigar should.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I always will go padron on this decision but I don't really do de so I'm biased...but the padron is the cigar that got me hooked and it's less expensive then the ligas
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke both....simultaneously. #baller

serious answer though....keep in mind i'm not a huge fan of the 9 (it's good but i prefer the t52)......so of your two original choices i'd say go with the padron.
    if not go with the t52, don't pay more than $15 for a single though.. some places have the liga privada prices hiked up stupid crazy.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Good answers. Thank you.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    smoke both....simultaneously. #baller

serious answer though....keep in mind i'm not a huge fan of the 9 (it's good but i prefer the t52)......so of your two original choices i'd say go with the padron.
    if not go with the t52, don't pay more than $15 for a single though.. some places have the liga privada prices hiked up stupid crazy.
    awesome. I guess I'm #baller ......... let me see if I can find it
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Never had a #9 but have had the T-52 and a few of the unico's and undercrown and liked them but much prefer the Padrone.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even a fair contest. I'd take even a normal Padron over a liga any day.